C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment Specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:51 PM
EtidW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alignment Specs

Does anyone have the specs for an alignment. The GM specs and the Phadt specs for street driving. I wanted to see the difference as my tires are wearing on the inside.
Thanks
Old 11-27-2013, 11:59 AM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Tons of info around the forum if you do a search. Here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...t-2012-gs.html

Post #9 shows the GM specs, and post #16 gives the Pfadt specs, which are within the GM specs but with tighter limits. I think you could go with a bit less front camber than what is shown--more like -0.6 to -0.8--to minimize wear if you're not looking for maximum grip...
Old 11-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have about our alignment guide
Old 11-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Keith Tedford
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by icntdrv55
Tons of info around the forum if you do a search. Here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...t-2012-gs.html

Post #9 shows the GM specs, and post #16 gives the Pfadt specs, which are within the GM specs but with tighter limits. I think you could go with a bit less front camber than what is shown--more like -0.6 to -0.8--to minimize wear if you're not looking for maximum grip...
I had camber taken out of the front of our '05 pretty well the same as you did. Ours, with factory specs. was doing the same as yours, wearing on the inside. Another set of wheels and tires from a 2006 that I bought with 11K miles were showing the same wear pattern. Seems to be a common problem. With a regular alignment there are specs with a sloppy plus or minus tolerance. My guy took the time to get the numbers right on. The car drives just fine and the tires should live considerably longer. If I were to put the car on the track, I would have the alignment done accordingly and use dedicated track tires.

Last edited by Keith Tedford; 11-29-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:48 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 165 Posts

My GS is supposed to be notorious for poor tire mileage. Since I'm an hpde addict I replaced the eccentric camber adjusters with the Pfadt camber kit and had the wheels aligned to the Pfadt street performance. The specs are basically factory, just a tighter tolerance. The alignment is expensive because of the extra labor involved but I don't worry about camber adjustments changing. I had the motorsports shop take most of the toe-in adjustment to pretty close to 0. So far I have 13k miles and 7 track days and still have tread left. The issue I ran into is not enough camber, I'm wearing the outside of the tire not the inside. Its my contention toe adds more tire wear than camber and camber needs to be set properly to keep the tire flat during turns. With street tires I'm a little over 1g in the turns and need to add more camber to keep the tire flat. I'm at -.7 to -.9 and will adjust for -1.3f and -1.0r. With a flatter tire,my speeds and GM's in the turns should go up a bit too.

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment Specs

Quick Reply: Alignment Specs