C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back Up camera problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 02:21 PM
jjofmm
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Up camera problems

I am a new C-6 Corvette owner. The car I bought has a Kenwood Nav. sysyem DNX 9140. The Am,FM, Nav, Backup Camera all worked at first. I decided since the unit was Sirius ready I would at a Sirius Tuner which I did and It worked out good. I started to back the car out of the garage and now the back up camera did not work. So I went thru removal of the center console removal again(which is a pain) thinking I had just unpluged a wire to the back of the unit. I have been checking the wiring diagram for the Kenwood unit and found no wires for the camera that were unpluged. I cannot find any wires that hook to the car to turn on the backup camera when it is put in reverse. I there a backup switch(?) that it is hooked to to make it come on? Any where would it be found? Any help? jjofmm
Old 02-02-2014, 02:58 PM
kk5zc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjofmm
I am a new C-6 Corvette owner. The car I bought has a Kenwood Nav. sysyem DNX 9140. The Am,FM, Nav, Backup Camera all worked at first. I decided since the unit was Sirius ready I would at a Sirius Tuner which I did and It worked out good. I started to back the car out of the garage and now the back up camera did not work. So I went thru removal of the center console removal again(which is a pain) thinking I had just unpluged a wire to the back of the unit. I have been checking the wiring diagram for the Kenwood unit and found no wires for the camera that were unpluged. I cannot find any wires that hook to the car to turn on the backup camera when it is put in reverse. I there a backup switch(?) that it is hooked to to make it come on? Any where would it be found? Any help? jjofmm
Backup camera is triggered from the backup light on the passenger side of car. It is wired in by the backup light, so removing the radio should not have affected the trigger wire.

If all cables are connected, I would try the reset button. There is a reset button on the front of the Kenwood. You can push it in with a paper clip or pen. It will reset the Kenwood to factory defaults. I would give that a try.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:32 PM
black.z51.c6
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

Also it could be wired into the fuse for the reverse lamps in the passenger footwell.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:55 PM
GTVETT
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The backup camera works on a data feed through the wiring. I asked the same question. Make sure in the kenwood settings that you select back up camera.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:31 AM
jjofmm
4th Gear

Default Back Up Camera

Originally Posted by kk5zc
Backup camera is triggered from the backup light on the passenger side of car. It is wired in by the backup light, so removing the radio should not have affected the trigger wire.

If all cables are connected, I would try the reset button. There is a reset button on the front of the Kenwood. You can push it in with a paper clip or pen. It will reset the Kenwood to factory defaults. I would give that a try.
Still no Backup camera. I wanted to check the trigger wire to make sure I didn't break it when I was installing the antenna wire for the Sirius tuner. I tried the reset button and that hasen't worked either.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:36 AM
jjofmm
4th Gear

Default Backup Camera

Originally Posted by GTVETT
The backup camera works on a data feed through the wiring. I asked the same question. Make sure in the kenwood settings that you select back up camera.
I reset the Kenwood ,but I didn't see where I had an option to select the backup camera.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:10 PM
GTVETT
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmmm. Kenwood has a great tech support. Try their web site. You can even call them.
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/support/
Old 02-05-2014, 03:43 PM
jjofmm
4th Gear

Default Backup Camera Problem.

Originally Posted by GTVETT
Hmmm. Kenwood has a great tech support. Try their web site. You can even call them.
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/support/
Thanks for the help. I have just emailed them. jjofmm
Old 02-05-2014, 05:48 PM
CUSVT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my kenwood unit I can hold the "AUD" button down in any mode(bluetooth,Radio Etc) and it urns the camera on while going forward or backwards. It took some trial and error with this. I also grounded the Signal wire for it I believe.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:53 AM
tlm2010gsc
Instructor

Default Kenwood internal settings

Originally Posted by jjofmm

I have a dnx9660 and when i change or add somthing i have to go to settings on the switch settings setup for the camera. Make sure you recheck the base settings that allow the camera to work. I think it's "cmos" setting. You may see your prior setting reset themlves to the factory default. Hope this may help.

Get notified of new replies

To Back Up camera problems

Quick Reply: Back Up camera problems