C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitting Headers with BORLA S Type II Exhaust Rear

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Twon-Diesel
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting Headers with BORLA S Type II Exhaust Rear

Hey All,

I bought a C6 Vette back in December (Base 6.0 L Convertible) and I absolutely love it. I'm now looking to add a little Horsepower by adding the following Mods

BORLA Exhaust S-Type II Rear Section

Kooks 1 3/4 x 3" Headers

Hall Tech V2026 C6 Venom

My question is whether or not the BORLA exhaust system will fit the Kooks Headers and X Pipe?

Is there a better combination of CAI, Exhaust & Headers I should consider.

I got quoted 950 at East Coast Supercharging in NJ to install these parts and perform a tune along with a 160 Stat.

Any and all information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

I'm mostly attempting to piece these parts together (buying them separately) so that they fit my Vette and each other when installed.

Thanks,

Twon-Diesel
Old 03-10-2014, 05:55 PM
DillingerRadio
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Twon-Diesel
Hey All,

I bought a C6 Vette back in December (Base 6.0 L Convertible) and I absolutely love it. I'm now looking to add a little Horsepower by adding the following Mods

BORLA Exhaust S-Type II Rear Section

Kooks 1 3/4 x 3" Headers

Hall Tech V2026 C6 Venom

My question is whether or not the BORLA exhaust system will fit the Kooks Headers and X Pipe?

Is there a better combination of CAI, Exhaust & Headers I should consider.

I got quoted 950 at East Coast Supercharging in NJ to install these parts and perform a tune along with a 160 Stat.

Any and all information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

I'm mostly attempting to piece these parts together (buying them separately) so that they fit my Vette and each other when installed.

Thanks,

Twon-Diesel
I imagine the Borla will likely fit- but you may want to double check the pipe inlet width versus the headers. As for the exhaust.. I would go Corsa myself, the Borla tend to have a drone at certain RPM whereas Corsa specifically test all their exhaust systems, and take them back to the drawing board if they detect any drone. The Corsa Sport will give you a similar level of sound (though, ultimately, the note shape is entirely preference based- if you want the Borla go Borla).

As for the Halltech, I would suggest the super bee over what you've chosen:
http://www.halltechsystems.com/Hallt...-p/sbmf103.htm

As for future mod considerations, if you're not going the forced induction route, a FAST 102 intake and a ported TB will also be beneficial.

Last edited by DillingerRadio; 03-10-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Fitting Headers with BORLA S Type II Exhaust Rear