C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ground Points

Old 04-09-2014, 08:35 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Ground Points

I was told there is a ground point on each side of the rear section of the C6 Base, behind each of the outer taillights.

I had all of them out today, putting my new spoiler on (Was that a headache! But *that* is another thread!)

Anywho. I'll be dipped if I could find them.

I need them as I have to run my ham radio ground braid to them, to complete the ground plane for the antenna.

Many thanks!

MC
Old 04-09-2014, 08:54 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Spoiler Installation

This has probably been discussed before, but I thought I would 'review' it again, for the benefit of others who couldn't find the info!

No problems removing the 4 taillights..(Make sure you either use copious amounts of tape under the taillights,if you plan on letting them hang, or you will undoubtedly, scratch the pain.)

No problem removing the factory 'spoiler/3rd brake light' assembly....ditto removing the 3rd brake light from the spoiler.

Now it gets fun.....

The spoiler going on, came from a 2008 GS..factory...had the 4 HD studs and the 4 outer, smaller clip-on studs.

I decided early on, that I wasn't going to drill any holes, as the surface on the underbelly of the spoiler was sufficient to use small thickness 3m trim double sided tape. Before applying the tape, I did a dry fit.

UH OH!

It seems the brake light sits higher in the full width spoiler than in the small spoiler, so the electrical connector would NOT go through the hole in the fascia. I futzed with that for an hour....no joy.

So.....

I got out my metal nibblers, and proceeded to elongate the square opening...back to the vertical face.

VOILA! The connector now was able to slip (sic) through.

But wait......the two inner studs that hold the brake light assembly in the spoiler, are not long enough to penetrate the fascia....

I cinched down the two outer nuts and the spoiler was secure, so I decided to forgo the 2 inner securing studs. cleaned the tape areas and then prepared all 4 with adhesive promoter, put the tape on the spoiler, slipped that bad boy in place, cinched it down, pushed the spoiler ends down so the 3M tape was secure on both sides...

Cleaned everything up, stood back to admire my amateur installation...looks pretty durned good, if I might say so!

An observation here...the spoiler was painted Cyber Gray. I *didn't** repaint it Machine Silver, the color of my car. As my rims are Gunmetal metallic, which is *very* close to Cyber Gray..I think the car looks very nice.

I was going to stripe the hood with 1994 Mustang Teal, a very electric blue, but now that I have seen the Cyber Gray on the car, I think the stripe is going to be Cyber Gray now.

OK, I'm done.....

As we say in the ham world, 73 everyone!

MC
Old 04-09-2014, 09:05 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Ground point diagrams.....this "might" help:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1570934261-post3.html
Old 04-09-2014, 09:25 PM
MCharlie
Ham Radio - W7RKN
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RicK T
Ground point diagrams.....this "might" help:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1570934261-post3.html

Thank you very much.......I will crawl around under car and do some looking!

MC

Get notified of new replies

To Ground Points

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ground Points