C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Cluster Panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 06:32 AM
DPGotro
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Instrument Cluster Panel

I have a C6 2009 corvette - my gas gauge quit working! I had a half a tank of gas & needle dropped to empty! Any suggestions/directions on how to remove the instrument cluster panel to change the gas gauge?
Old 04-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

The gas gauge is integrated into the panel. There is no "change out the gas gauge" that you can do. It's all or nothing.

On the other hand, it's probably not the panel, if I had to guess.

Removing the panel is pretty easy, actually. Here is a thread showing more than you want to know but it includes the R&R of the instrument panel (which I still suspect you don't really want/need to do.)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...many-pics.html

Z//
Old 04-18-2014, 01:48 PM
vette6500
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be the fuel level sender in the fuel tank.
Many people seem to have good luck putting in a bottle of Chevron Techron Concentrate to clean that sender to get it to work again.
On mine, dealer ended up disabling one of the two senders, not sure, but it's been ok since that time for many years.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:55 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by vette6500
It should be the fuel level sender in the fuel tank.
Many people seem to have good luck putting in a bottle of Chevron Techron Concentrate to clean that sender to get it to work again.
On mine, dealer ended up disabling one of the two senders, not sure, but it's been ok since that time for many years.
Problem has been reported several times on the forum and the Techron trick is sometimes successful. Try that first.

Get notified of new replies

To Instrument Cluster Panel

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster Panel