C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRM Bilstein Shock GB v6.0 (Many happy C6 base, vert, GS customers running these)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:49 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by GhostC6
Yes Really! That post says the orders must be in by 8-1-14, so clearly since this is 10-21-14 I cannot get in on that one so I was wondering if or when there may be another one in the future.

So unless I am missing something or you are missing something.

There is no mention of an "order by" date. They just made the post for the group buy today..

They presumably placed a rather large order with Bilstein on 8/1 and the exact # will be produced on 11/14. You can still order through the link they posted.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:56 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
There is no mention of an "order by" date. They just made the post for the group buy today..

They presumably placed a rather large order with Bilstein on 8/1 and the exact # will be produced on 11/14. You can still order through the link they posted.
You are correct Sir, I read it wrong, sadly, I read it wrong several times..lol

They ordered them on 8-1-14 and so on, so they are available to purchase, my bad man, but, thank you for clarifying that for me, now I know when and what I need to do.

My Bad, I hate that saying but it fits here.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:13 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

You are correct Sir, I read it wrong, sadly, I read it wrong several times..lol

They ordered them on 8-1-14 and so on, so they are available to purchase, my bad man, but, thank you for clarifying that for me, now I know when and what I need to do.

My Bad, I hate that saying but it fits here.
No problem. I think I'll be ordering me some as well!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:13 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

I know this may be the dumbest question ever asked in a "Corvette" forum but here goes anyway.

How can you tell or what are the symptoms of your shocks needing to be replaced? I remember the old days on a passenger car when you would hit a dip in the road (A low place not a stupid person) and the car would bounce and bounce and bounce. But on a Corvette with the stiffer suspension, how can you tell and what are the symptoms?

My 2005/2006 Corvette has the stock shocks on it, what is the lifespan of shocks?

I already know the advantages of the Bilstein Shocks and the improved bushings is a definite improvement, but how can I know if I need them?

That is why I said the dumbest question, hence most things we do are for performance or more HP or to be more cosmetically appealing, the thought of need usually is seldom a factor unless we know something is broken, that is why I said dumb question...lol

I want to do some things to mine, sometimes it is because I want them or for an improvement or because it fixes a broken one. But I sometimes postpone things because I can legitimize an upgrade when replacing a bad part when I sometimes cannot legitimize replacing a good part for a better part, then again sometimes I just want it and do not care if it makes sense.

Anyway, can anyone answer the questions about the symptoms and behavior of a bad shock and the lifespan of them generally speaking.

Thanks guys, and that is an awesome price so it may be too hard to pass up and give me a winter project.

Ghost
Old 10-22-2014, 12:15 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel

That is correct, there is no order by date. I figured that wasn't going to be needed. The demand for them has been breath taking.

We placed a order for 100 more sets on 8-1 to keep the ball rolling on production and to reduce the wait times.

Jump on in the water is fine!!!
Randy
Old 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Installed the DRM Bilsteins yesterday on my 06 Z51 and took the car out for a trial today. The car feels much more planted now and not disturbed by pavement irregularities. Corners are much flatter. Overall, just a greater sense of control. Very satisfied with the result. Thanks for a great product Randy.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:59 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

That is one thing that I do not like with the stock suspension. When cornering if you hit a pavement irregularity or patch it will slip and skip instead of sticking. I can only imagine how dangerous that would be during a high speed corner and the thing step out on me. That will be the biggest thing I will like about getting them.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:17 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Ghost,
To answer your question above. I have seen a 7 mile old 2005 shock leaking to the point of being junk. We drove it from the dealership to our shop and got it up in the air and sure enough it was toast.

Shocks are a hard thing to know when to replace them, because they lose performance slowly. The biggest tell is if they are leaking. But internally they can be wearing out. I would say at 50k they should be replaced. That is if you aren't pushing the car very hard.

Randy
Old 10-28-2014, 04:48 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

How hard is it to replace them on the C6. I have never replaced shocks before on one or any car for that matter. Anyone have a thread showing how to replace them? Thanks in advance. Also, are these in stock and who do I contact and how do I pay you and what is delivery time to 37615 and how are they shipped?
Old 10-28-2014, 05:04 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

How hard is it to replace them on the C6. I have never replaced shocks before on one or any car for that matter. Anyone have a thread showing how to replace them? Thanks in advance. Also, are these in stock and who do I contact and how do I pay you and what is delivery time to 37615 and how are they shipped?
Install
https://www.vette.fm/posts/64/drm-bi...k-installation
Shops will charge 100-200 for the install.

We have a group buy going right now, that is the easiest way to get 100 sets of shocks in and out of here. Plus the price is much better. You can sign up here.
http://dougrippie.com/products/c6-co...hocks-for-c6z/

Or give me a call 336-350-8256

We ship them UPS from Burlington NC, so just a day or two away once they show up.

Thanks
Randy
Old 10-28-2014, 06:04 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

What is the latest ETA for them to arrive?
Old 10-29-2014, 12:12 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
We ship them UPS from Burlington NC, so just a day or two away once they show up. Thanks Randy
Small world. I'm in Greensboro and go to Burlington often I need to order a set. 150K on my originals :-0

And yes, it is a ROUGH ride right now.

Last edited by schpenxel; 10-29-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:02 AM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Yeah, just turned 90K on my originals today.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

What is the latest ETA for them to arrive?
They have a build date in the middle of November. I'm expecting them sometime in December.

Randy
Old 10-31-2014, 10:02 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Cool, I am making my final car payment on my daily driver this month (November) and needless to say I will have much more spending money come December so paying the down payment and the rest when they arrive will work out perfect for me, I will more than likely go online and order them in the next few days.

Rick
Old 10-31-2014, 10:09 PM
GhostC6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Also, with the bushings the total is $475 with $75 down if done VIA the website?

Quick Reply: DRM Bilstein Shock GB v6.0 (Many happy C6 base, vert, GS customers running these)