C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 04:55 PM
longhorn80
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Light Question

Over the last three weeks I have had two service light alerts on the instrument cluster after initial start up. Right after I started my 2006 Corvette I shifted into drive and as I pulled out of my parking space I had a soft brake pedal followed by a vibration in the brake pedal and two alerts appeared on the instrument cluster instructing me to Service Active Handling System and Service Antilock Brakes. The car runs fine but you do not have antilock brake capability. When I stop the car and wait a few minutes I can restart it and once it goes through its normal diagnostics I put it in gear and everything is fine. I'm wondering if this might have been caused by me shifting into gear before the car was given a chance to completely cycle through the diagnostic requirements. It last occurred on 5/5/and I have not had a problem since.

Larry

Quick Reply: Service Light Question