C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 12:12 AM
09-Z51
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start

I've got an 09 coupe. It won't start. The doors won't open and the dash won't light up. It was running fine right up until I did this.....

Have a manual switch installed for my MPP on the panel under my column (to open and close the MPP fuse). The switch needed to be replaced. I pulled down the lower panel under the column and installed the new switch. When I pushed the panel back up,I shorted the switch wire on a metal support bracket.

Now, the car won't start, doors won't open. The windows, hatch, power seats all work like they would without a key. When I use the FOBS, nothing. I checked the fuses and nothing. Detached the battery too.

It seems to be ignition switch related. When I push the start switch I can hear the faint clicking, like always. It just doesn't see either of my fobs and won't allow me to open the doors or do anything.

Please help.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:28 AM
09-Z51
Intermediate

I basically dead shorted the NPP (exhaust control) circuit.

Did I fry my ECM? What do I do?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

The simplest and first thing to check is the condition of the battery...it may be very low from the time you were working on the car with the doors open. Things like seats do not draw much current and so are not a good indication of battery health. Put a charger on the battery for a day.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 AM
09-Z51
Intermediate

I'll charge up the battery. However, when the switch shorted, the lights went out. It was like a fuse blowing. I just pulled into the driveway after making sure the switch worked. It was not fully installed in the panel. push it up, then out went the lights.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:48 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

Remember also that there are two fuse boxes...the one under the hood and the one under the passenger footwell carpet. If a fuse blew (very possible) I would guess that it is more likely to be in the box under the carpet.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:55 AM
09-Z51
Intermediate

I went through almost all of them in both boxes. Probably twice. I plan to dig into it again today under better lighting. I'll charge the battery, check the fuses and look under the panel that I removed. Maybe I detached a connector or something. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Car won't start

Quick Reply: Car won't start