C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow Shorty Headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Thunder8
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wallacefl
Either way expect about 8-12 RWHP..Calloway had some a few years back but likely couldn't sell them at the asking price. i still think that is good for the $
Hopefully, you'd end up with more than 15 rwhp! I had JBA Titanium Ceramic coated shorties on my LS2 GTO. Those and a K&N FIPK, I picked up 32 RWHP / 35Ft Lbs, with my tune.

Last edited by Thunder8; 07-22-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: correction
Old 09-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Wallacefl
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone installed these?...results> not opinion or conjecture wanted...thanks
Old 09-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I found the installation of long tubes in the C6 to be pretty easy. Try installing long tubes in a modular mustang and you would never install those ever again lol
Old 09-21-2014, 09:05 AM
turboed
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly what i was going to say Pitufina,on my 00 gt i had to drop the k member to do flowtech longtubes and it was a pita,c5 and c6 are easy,the 1500 lt price is the not so easy part.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:45 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

I spoke to someone at Magnaflow about these shorty headers on Friday (09/19) and they do not have CARB approval yet. I asked if they were still pursuing it and he said, "Yeah, but it could take awhile, you never know." I got the feeling I was boring him. Seems like a few sales are left on the table due to a lack of effort. Why go through the big announcement at SEMA last year and then not follow up with it?
Old 09-22-2014, 12:26 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by haljensen
If they are CARB approved then anybody can run them, including those of us stuck with CARB rules. The Z06 manifolds are NOT original C6 and aren't legal. 15HP with CARB shorties (with original cats in the original positions) or 15HP w/Z06 non approved? I'll take the CARB headers please.
who is going to know the difference between Z06 and stock LS3 manifolds? Not many I'm sure, but headers you can see a mile away. Why spend $800 when Z06 manifolds can be had for cheap?
Old 10-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN
I spoke to someone at Magnaflow about these shorty headers on Friday (09/19) and they do not have CARB approval yet. I asked if they were still pursuing it and he said, "Yeah, but it could take awhile, you never know." I got the feeling I was boring him. Seems like a few sales are left on the table due to a lack of effort. Why go through the big announcement at SEMA last year and then not follow up with it?
I plan on getting a set come tax season, at a popular website with the discount applied you can get them down almost a hundred dollars. I wish they weren't so expensive, but it is what it is.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN
It seems like a lot of sales are left on the table. Like I said I don't plan on buying these until spring, but I cant find any feedback on them. Like I said I'd pay in the 700's max from autoanything after coupon. Not 900 after taxes.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Anybody get these things yet? I got my Xmas bonus check and I bought my plane ticket, rental car and lodging for my vacation instead of these things. I know I did the right thing, but when I get my taxes back I'm buying them. I just would like to see some feedback on them???? Anybody?
Old 12-19-2014, 11:36 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
Anybody get these things yet? I got my Xmas bonus check and I bought my plane ticket, rental car and lodging for my vacation instead of these things. I know I did the right thing, but when I get my taxes back I'm buying them. I just would like to see some feedback on them???? Anybody?
wth?? you bought those non-necessities instead of must-have mods for your vette????? blasphemy!
Old 12-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
wth?? you bought those non-necessities instead of must-have mods for your vette????? blasphemy!
I know, it kills me, but if I don't go on this Vacation for 9-nights, 10-days I'm going to go crazy. It's been a good year at work, but it's been a long year, I need a break. Headers would be nice, but it's not like I can drive the thing right now anyway.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Wallacefl
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Magnaflow should post some rwhp numbers?
Old 12-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Wallacefl
Magnaflow should post some rwhp numbers?
They got nothin'. I've done a lot of research too, I have seen none for this particular part. It's kind of weird. I think it's because they're extremely overpriced @ $877, I would buy them in the $600's. I wouldn't doubt if none of these are sold, they've been out for about 6 months too.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:36 PM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

LT headers really are very easy to install on these cars even when using jackstands.

I would be more concerned about trying to install an unproven part that you can't find any info on.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:03 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

It's not about the installation effort, it's about staying legal in Cali.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:39 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

I can't imagine any inspection tech being able to tell you have Z06 manifolds on a base C6. They don't look aftermarket, they don't sound aftermarket, and they don't fit aftermarket. Basically because they are not aftermarket. They are GM tested, warrantied, and smog approved for the same car with a different engine option. They are proven, inexpensive, and readily available.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Luster
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I know, it kills me, but if I don't go on this Vacation for 9-nights, 10-days I'm going to go crazy. It's been a good year at work, but it's been a long year, I need a break. Headers would be nice, but it's not like I can drive the thing right now anyway.
Mr. Nubain... Yes. I've got 'em.

I wanted a couple things:
1. A little more aggressive sound (already have B&B Fusion), but not super loud LT's.
2. Horsepower boost.
3. Half the price of LT's

I have been looking at these for months. But at $900, no way.

I fell into a deal on Craigslist from a local guy who bought them, then his wife threw a fit and he sold them to me for $550. A guy installed them for $150 and I got a performance tune for $300. So I'm into the whole deal for $1K.

The facts....

Fit and finish - superb. Mechanic said it was a perfect bolt-up, super easy and the quality was the best he had ever seen. Ceramic coated and extremely nice looking.

Sound - Definitely an increase of low-level rumble. At full throttle, look out! SUPER LOUD. But my favorite thing I like about the sound is when I downshift. Definitely has that "header" sound on downshifting.

Performance - When I took the car in for a tune, the initial "before" dyno was 355hp/362tq. (K&N CAI, B&B Fusion open). Added Magnaflow headers and tune (by JusTune in KC). The "after" dyno read 397hp/402tq. I couldn't be more pleased.

Real world driving - This is now a legitimate 3.9 zero-to-sixty car. The acceleration is ferocious. I can't believe the difference 40hp makes.

Please remember that the combo of the headers and the tune resulted in the hp increase, not just the headers.

The best part of the deal was the price. A full set of LT's installed, with catted x-pipe + tune would have run me over $2000.

I would recommend these if you are on a budget and if you can get a deal.

Name:  20150201_094508.jpeg
Views: 404
Size:  79.2 KB

Name:  20150201_094434.jpeg
Views: 406
Size:  81.2 KB

Name:  GSdyno.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  108.2 KB

Name:  20150204_143840.jpeg
Views: 425
Size:  61.6 KB

Last edited by Luster; 02-04-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Magnaflow Shorty Headers

Old 02-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

YESSSS! Well, let the saving begin. I cant wait to pick these up someday. I want them badly!
Old 02-04-2015, 04:02 PM
Luster
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

YESSSS! Well, let the saving begin. I cant wait to pick these up someday. I want them badly!
Based on what my mechanic told me, I could have easily installed them myself. I just didn't want to do it. (Retired... time better spent hangin' out with grandkids!)

If I find another deal like mine, I'll let you know.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

I installed my C5 BBk's I am planning on doing these whenever I get them for my LS2. Good find and thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Shorty Headers