C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pad Clips Compatible with Hawk HPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Vetteran04
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Brake Pad Clips Compatible with Hawk HPS

I'm getting ready to do pads and rotors on my 2008 C6A Z51 (26K miles) replacing the OEM pads with Hawk HPS. Need some feedback as to whether the OEM brake pad clips are compatible with the Hawk HPS.

I ordered the pads and rotors yesterday so I can't match up the parts until they arrive and I'm relying upon Internet photos and forum feedback. Thanks.

P.S. I read that the caliper mounting bracket bolts are a b*tch to get off.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:01 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteran04
I'm getting ready to do pads and rotors on my 2008 C6A Z51 (26K miles) replacing the OEM pads with Hawk HPS. Need some feedback as to whether the OEM brake pad clips are compatible with the Hawk HPS.

I ordered the pads and rotors yesterday so I can't match up the parts until they arrive and I'm relying upon Internet photos and forum feedback. Thanks.

P.S. I read that the caliper mounting bracket bolts are a b*tch to get off.
You will not need to take the brackets off you will need two wrenches one for the caliper slide bolts and one on the piece that hold it I know the bolt is 15mm a long wrench is best for this the piece next to the boot has flats to hold it I think it is 18mm (maybe) hold the inner and take out the 15mm bolt the caliper will lift off ( one of these on top and bottom of caliper) make sure they are clean free and greased when you reasseble
there may be new clips included with the pads if not reuse the old ones
(yes they are the same)

Quick Reply: Brake Pad Clips Compatible with Hawk HPS