C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a way to interogate the DIC for a CEL in the C6 like there is in the C5?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 06:50 PM
zulatr
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Is there a way to interogate the DIC for a CEL in the C6 like there is in the C5?

I have a 08 Z, now with a check engine light, no code shows up on my scanner, wondering if there's another way to read it and what is going on.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:00 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

We dont have that option like the C5 did. Its a shame GM didnt include it on C6. Check your gas cap and make sure its sealed properly.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:15 PM
zulatr
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EVRose
We dont have that option like the C5 did. Its a shame GM didnt include it on C6. Check your gas cap and make sure its sealed properly.
That's disappointing,,,,
It was great to be able to clear a CEL while driving in my old Z.

Any idea why I may not be able to read a code with the scanner with the CEL on?
Old 08-18-2014, 03:51 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Your scanner must be "CAN compatible"...this may be why it is not seeing the code properly. I agree about the gas cap...first thing to check. And remember that even if you fix the gas cap, it will take a few start/run cycles for the light to clear. It will not happen immediately. CAN COMPATIBLE will always be on the packaging of the scanner. They can be bought on Amazon for $16...no big deal.

Get notified of new replies

To Is there a way to interogate the DIC for a CEL in the C6 like there is in the C5?

Quick Reply: Is there a way to interogate the DIC for a CEL in the C6 like there is in the C5?