C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tired of Having a HOT Console in Your Corvette? Hinson Motorsports Has the Solution!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 01:07 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Tired of Having a HOT Console in Your Corvette? Hinson Motorsports Has the Solution!

HINSON Motorsports Corvette Mid Pipe Blanket

CLICK HERE FOR OUR INTRODUCTORY PRICE

Sick of your heated cup holders?

What about the burning hot change in the center console?

HINSON knows the C5, C6, and C7 Corvettes could use a little work in the heat shield department when it comes to the x-pipe location and temperature. The weekend cruise isn't much fun when the center console in your Corvette is boiling hot! At the moment the only option you have is to deal with it.

...BUT NOW...

HINSON Motorsports has a simple fix for your problem.

The NEW HINSON Mid Pipe Blanket is a Flexible Exhaust Shield built to keep you cool.
The HINSON Blanket serves the same purpose as the Stainless Steel Heat Shields used to protect drivers in racing applications. The HINSON blanket was designed specifically for the Corvette Mid Pipe and can handle more complex bends than the Stainless Steel Shield.

The HINSON Blanket is constructed of High Temp textiles surrounding a 1700*F, non-ceramic, 1/2" insulation. On one side of the blanket you have thick silicone coated fiberglass which is attached for durability. On the opposite side you have stainless steel mesh which is added for abrasive protection and to provide space between your mid pipe and textile.

The HINSON Blanket is easy to install and has built in grommets so no tools are needed. The HINSON Blanket comes with Stainless Steel Ties which allow you to install it without having to remove your mid pipe. You simply slide the blanket above your mid pipe and use the Stainless Steel Ties to secure it in place. The HINSON Blanket is made from reliable and durable material so it can withstand all types of weather conditions.

You "DO NOT" have to remove your mid pipe to install the HINSON Blanket!!

Hinson Motorsports Mid-Pipe Blanket Installed
*(This is a loose reference as all ties are not fastened)

The Hinson Motorsports Blanket Comes with Everything You Need.

The High Temperature Blanket

The High Temperature Ties

CLICK HERE FOR OUR INTRODUCTORY PRICE

ALSO CHECK OUT OUR NEW COMPLETE LINE OF OTHER HINSON MOTORSPORTS HEAT CONTROL COMPONENTS

Last edited by HinsonSuperCars; 10-29-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Check out our introductory price for a limited time only!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:57 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

Any testimonials?
Old 09-14-2014, 09:14 AM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

This seems like a logical solution to the heat issue, but I am definitely going to need to see some confirmed test data and testimonials before making that type of investment.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by CrvtBB
This seems like a logical solution to the heat issue, but I am definitely going to need to see some confirmed test data and testimonials before making that type of investment.

Pictures of the blanket installed and before and after measurements of heat in the console area.

Be nice if it works!
Old 09-14-2014, 01:57 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

so do you just wrap this around the pipes? I hope it doesn't blow off at speed on the highway. I really need to see this installed.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:02 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by berk4422
Any testimonials?
Originally Posted by CrvtBB
Originally Posted by Boomer111

Pictures of the blanket installed and before and after measurements of heat in the console area.

Be nice if it works!
We have sold several of these and were hoping these people would be on here to give some feedback. We ran one for some time before bringing it to market and noticed a considerable difference in temperature. No more hot cokes, or change in the console.

Originally Posted by ls1121
so do you just wrap this around the pipes? I hope it doesn't blow off at speed on the highway. I really need to see this installed.
The item does wrap around the midpipes like illustrated in the picture and is secured with 25 stainless steel header ties. If its installed like its intended to be done, it's not going anywhere
Old 09-16-2014, 11:18 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Remember to check out some of our other HINSON Heat Control Items as well.

Plug Wire Boots Now Available in Black, Red, & Volcano

Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 09-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Charles Gerughty
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Blanket

Originally Posted by berk4422
Any testimonials?
I just bought one and installed it last weekend. Guess what? The cabin is definitely cooler so it really works.

I ran My ZR1 at Thunderhill yesterday and I didn't have to turn the air on to cool the cabin on my drive home. I realize this is not a scientific measurement but on prior events the air had to go on even when it was only 60 degrees outside.

I didn't take any pictures while up on the rack but this blanket probably won't blow off even if I didn't use the ties. On the ZR1 it is a very tight fit yet with a little help from a friend it only took about 15 minutes to install.

P.S. I was also able to store my IPhone in the center console up to and back from Thunderhill (A 3 hour drive) without it warning me it was too hot to work.

Last edited by Charles Gerughty; 09-20-2014 at 10:13 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-20-2014, 11:31 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by Charles Gerughty
I just bought one and installed it last weekend. Guess what? The cabin is definitely cooler so it really works.

I ran My ZR1 at Thunderhill yesterday and I didn't have to turn the air on to cool the cabin on my drive home. I realize this is not a scientific measurement but on prior events the air had to go on even when it was only 60 degrees outside.

I didn't take any pictures while up on the rack but this blanket probably won't blow off even if I didn't use the ties. On the ZR1 it is a very tight fit yet with a little help from a friend it only took about 15 minutes to install.

P.S. I was also able to store my IPhone in the center console up to and back from Thunderhill (A 3 hour drive) without it warning me it was too hot to work.
some pictures would be Nice.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:04 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Thank you very much for the feedback. I know a lot of people on here were looking to hear from some of the consumer reports. We are glad to hear that it made such a significant difference in your car and that you were able to see the difference. Thank you again for the great feedback and your business.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Charles Gerughty
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

You are welcome. I took it to Sonoma Raceway yesterday and ran it for 5 30 minute sessions. Granted it got warm but nothing like before.

The real test will be told if the console carpet starts to shrink and buckle after a few more track days. I'll keep you informed.

Sorry guys - Still no pictures as I would rather drive it hard than crawl under it for pictures.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:16 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

You are welcome. I took it to Sonoma Raceway yesterday and ran it for 5 30 minute sessions. Granted it got warm but nothing like before.

The real test will be told if the console carpet starts to shrink and buckle after a few more track days. I'll keep you informed.

Sorry guys - Still no pictures as I would rather drive it hard than crawl under it for pictures.
Charles thank you for the great feedback that I know all of these guys have been looking to hear.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:10 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Another batch are made and ready to be sent out.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Charles Gerughty
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Confirmed heat test - I put a meat thermometer in the cup holder and closed the cover. The temp was 92. I then ran my ZR1 for 30 minutes at Thunderhii. The temp at the end of the session was (drum roll please) 118.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:18 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Confirmed heat test - I put a meat thermometer in the cup holder and closed the cover. The temp was 92. I then ran my ZR1 for 30 minutes at Thunderhii. The temp at the end of the session was (drum roll please) 118.
Fantastic feedback Charles. Thank you for all the reviews and efforts to provide answers to some questions for these guys. Really glad you did this little test for everyone. There you have it guys........Order up

Get notified of new replies

To Tired of Having a HOT Console in Your Corvette? Hinson Motorsports Has the Solution!

Old 10-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

What am I missing here? You are saying the temp went up 26 degrees and that is good??
Old 10-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Charles Gerughty
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vet Interested
What am I missing here? You are saying the temp went up 26 degrees and that is good??
Yes - Because my car keys don't burn my fingers when I leave them in the cup holder nor do I cook my cell phone when it is stored in the console.

Try the test yourself. I am sure that when you track your car without any mods the temp will go up quit a bit more than 26 degrees.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:32 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Yes - Because my car keys don't burn my fingers when I leave them in the cup holder nor do I cook my cell phone when it is stored in the console.

Try the test yourself. I am sure that when you track your car without any mods the temp will go up quit a bit more than 26 degrees.
26 degrees I think in these conditions is great. Charles pushes his ZR-1 far more than most people do and certainly harder than day to day driving or weekend cruising. For an item that cost less than $300, takes less than 15 min to install, comes with everything you need, and requires no modifications, I don't see any better solutions. I challenge you to find a better, cheaper, and easier item to install that provides all these things on the market.

Quick Reply: Tired of Having a HOT Console in Your Corvette? Hinson Motorsports Has the Solution!