C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Vararam Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:28 PM
ky-ss
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Vararam Install

After reading the other threads about snakecharmer installs, I started with much trepidation. Yes the instructions leave much to be desired, yes the pictures included were too dark to see any detail, (I printed off new pictures from the interweb), but install was drama free! The pattern included for cutting the shroud was spot on. No extra trimming was needed. A utility knife even with new blade was very hard cutting. I ended up using a dremel with 1" cutoff wheel and cut thru it like butter. Less than 1hour total time including running to office for the dremel! Sorry for poor quality of pictures.
Attached Images    
Old 08-28-2014, 08:57 PM
schizcat
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts

Very nice. Now throw a ported TB on and some headers and get a good tune.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:09 PM
ky-ss
Advanced

headers in transit! to be followed by tune. plan is hold there till tax return time and then go FI with A&A, ECS, or similar.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:59 AM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 09-01-2014, 02:24 PM
jachin99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job. I did mine myself also, but i have one question. Ive seen other vararam intakes that included a red bracket to help stabalize it. I'm not sure if this bracket is just for the LS3 intakes or what so ive been wondering if im missing something or what. How stable is yours? Mine stays in place pretty good, but it just doesnt seem like its supposed to be that flimsy. I also just ordered their TB spacer, so that might help everything line up a little better instead of it being a stretch to mount properly.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:23 PM
ky-ss
Advanced

no red bracket for mine (ls2). there's no solid mounting point but just minor movement which I'm sure it needs.

Get notified of new replies

To My Vararam Install

Quick Reply: My Vararam Install