C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Tech Brake Pads - Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 09:38 AM
stoneh
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stop Tech Brake Pads - Any Good?

Has anyone tried Stop Tech Street Performance Pads? Tire Rack's price is sure attractive. Do they compare favorably to OEM GM Z51 pads, or is this an example of "you get what you pay for"?

I do the occasional track day, so am interested in stopping performance and don't care at all about dust.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:37 PM
timafey
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stoneh
Has anyone tried Stop Tech Street Performance Pads? Tire Rack's price is sure attractive. Do they compare favorably to OEM GM Z51 pads, or is this an example of "you get what you pay for"?

I do the occasional track day, so am interested in stopping performance and don't care at all about dust.
Have them on my z06, feel like they are just as good as stock. Have a buddy use them on base c6 and he seems to like them too. They have higher temp tolerance then hawks hps, and suppose to have better initial bite which it does have, he swapped his hps for these.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:36 PM
stoneh
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timafey
Have them on my z06, feel like they are just as good as stock. Have a buddy use them on base c6 and he seems to like them too. They have higher temp tolerance then hawks hps, and suppose to have better initial bite which it does have, he swapped his hps for these.
Thank you very much for your reply, in particular your comparative remarks to Hawk HP Street pads. I had a set of HPS pads and didn't like them much, feeling they were inferior to the OEM GM pads. You have convinced me to give the Stop Tech pads a try. Delivered to my door here in Canada they are almost exactly half the price of GM pads from GM Parts Warehouse.

Get notified of new replies

To Stop Tech Brake Pads - Any Good?

Quick Reply: Stop Tech Brake Pads - Any Good?