C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cmc-30 cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I would do the converter first in an auto. Listen to Joe! He's always extremely helpful and will steer you away from unnecessary mods or at least point you in the right direction.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by pmwinc
Complete Street Performance I believe has a 10.90 car with stock stall....??
Yep. You don't need a big cam to run fast =)

10.9 @ 131 I believe

I put a stall in after and ran a best of a 10.80... although had some more tuning to do so I don't know how much better I could have done.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Complete Street
Yep. You don't need a big cam to run fast =)

10.9 @ 131 I believe

I put a stall in after and ran a best of a 10.80... although had some more tuning to do so I don't know how much better I could have done.
You can get 10's with a stock cam with a decent stall, many have done it.

I've not seen a stock converter n/a car get 10's that's great! Do you have a thread or details on the mods? The stock converter is very limiting on the 60 and that's hard to make up even with a lot of HP.......
Old 09-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Joe_G
You can get 10's with a stock cam with a decent stall, many have done it.

I've not seen a stock converter n/a car get 10's that's great! Do you have a thread or details on the mods? The stock converter is very limiting on the 60 and that's hard to make up even with a lot of HP.......
So this cam was a baby camshaft. It didn't sound like it, or perform like it. The thing had less than .580 lift and I'm fairly certain was on a 115 LSA - although it may have been a 114.

idle clip:

and some acceleration:
(you can hear it start to break loose at around 70 mph!)

2010 Corvette Auto - Mods were:
AirAid Intake
Kooks 1-7/8" Headers with Offroad Midpipes
Ported Intake manifold (maybe - I can't remember if we only did it to my 08 manual)
Custom CSP Stock Stall Camshaft
Milled Heads
Electric Water Pump
and UDP

To break into the 10s we did mill the heads about .020 I believe as without milling the heads we were running 11.1 or 11.0's.

My only true mistake with the build was I put a UDP on it. So at the low idle I had it set at, it would not spin the alternator fast enough to generate proper voltage.

The car's powerband was tremendous. And would regularly pull 1.7 60's on the stock stall. With the FTI 3200 stall I think I pulled 1.6's... I don't believe I ever got a 1.5 off of it, but I didn't have it in long before I sold it - which is why I think I could have done a hair better with some more tweaking.

I've made slight adjustments to the cam and it brought out some more horsepower with no sacrificing low end on customers cars.

I posted my best ET time slip somewhere on here I believe under my personal screen name (AndrewZPSU) before I was a sponsor.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:51 AM
JohnDaMan
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a bad *** time for a cam with no stall
Old 09-06-2014, 09:17 AM
JohnDaMan
Advanced

Do you have a Dyno sheet from that setup?
Old 09-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by JohnDaMan
Do you have a Dyno sheet from that setup?

Old 09-06-2014, 01:57 PM
JohnDaMan
Advanced

That's a nice Dyno sheet. Looks like it would pull real good from 4500-6500
Old 09-13-2014, 01:18 AM
magutierrez
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice numbers. Ive thought about it, and Im gonna do the torque converter! Since I am doing the verter im going with the CMC-40 CAM, minus well go big. I wonder if I can use that cam with a blower? does anybody know? Im going with the kooks 1 7'8s, with 3 inch pipe=2.5 outlet, i.e in the future il just switch the x pipe to a full 3inch. ECS system or procharger. It has taken me a long time to make up mind guys, after reaserching all these diffrent options for my car. Il call john monday and ask him to verify. thank you guys for the great input
Old 09-13-2014, 10:25 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

My advice is if you're thinking about a blower, do it! I love mine, and it makes way more power than any cam will without the drivability issues. The money you'll spend on cam & headers is getting very close to centri blower cost, and you'll make significantly more HP with the blower on an otherwise stock car than with cam and headers. If you do stick with the cam, the CMC-40 will work win a blower, but won't be optimized for it. If you're in Dallas, PM me and I'll take you for a ride in my blown GS.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:00 PM
CUSVT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my old thread. Cam sounds excellent, Performs like it sounds, Very streetable with stock stall, And loves the N20.
Car went 150 MPH at a local runway event

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...am-update.html

Track Run
Old 09-19-2014, 05:57 AM
magutierrez
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan70
My advice is if you're thinking about a blower, do it! I love mine, and it makes way more power than any cam will without the drivability issues. The money you'll spend on cam & headers is getting very close to centri blower cost, and you'll make significantly more HP with the blower on an otherwise stock car than with cam and headers. If you do stick with the cam, the CMC-40 will work win a blower, but won't be optimized for it. If you're in Dallas, PM me and I'll take you for a ride in my blown GS.
Il be going to dallas around november to get this done. Maybe u can show me around... U must be pushing atleast 600hp with a blower... what kind of blower is it? Ebelbrock, procharger, ECS? OR A MAGI
Old 09-19-2014, 09:14 AM
CUSVT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by magutierrez
Il be going to dallas around november to get this done. Maybe u can show me around... U must be pushing atleast 600hp with a blower... what kind of blower is it? Ebelbrock, procharger, ECS? OR A MAGI
I believe his is a Vortech! I sold that orange car i posted above and now have a white c6 with an ECS kit on it and it makes 660 through an A6 with a bone stock motor. Blowers are awesome
Old 09-19-2014, 09:45 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by magutierrez
Just let me know when you're coming down, be happy to show you around. If we're talking flywheel, I'd figure the car is making about 650HP. It dynoed 575RWHP on it's 5th run on a hot/humid day. It's an A&A kit with a Vortech V3-Si (the smallest they do for the Vette).

Quick Reply: Cmc-30 cam