C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharged LS2 Headers and Tune ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 02:39 AM
Yunus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Procharged LS2 Headers and Tune ?

Hey there,

Last night I realized that my car sucks
I was racing a friend ( Modded C55 AMG Mercedes ) and he also did not have a loud exhaust on his car so after some pulls we were talking about thats how it would be if we raced 2 electric car lol

I actually have a Corsa Exhaust but you know , its no different than the stock. ( previous owner installed it )

Anyway, my question is if anyone installed or knows what kind of set up I should run with ?? I was thinking of headers and straight pipe ?
I like it loud.

Since the car is procharged ( p1 ) I just dont want a shop to install and not be sure what he really does.
Prochargers are kinda rare and I cant seem to find someone that actually knows how to get the best out of it.

Your opinion will be really helpful !

Thank you all!
Old 09-16-2014, 02:56 AM
ANGRY Z
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I too prefer LOUD. Big headers, NO cats (if you can get away with it), dual 3" exhaust, muffler eliminators is as loud as it gets. Except... all of the above with exhaust cutouts. Cutouts shake the ground with above mentioned system. Not even going to mention open headers.... oh wait, I just did. Bottom line, its personal preference on how loud you dare go...
Old 09-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Yunus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Angry Z, you are the MAN!
I would love to do that all! Doesnt sounds possible though lol
Old 09-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Mike Farris
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Yunus

Since the car is procharged ( p1 ) I just dont want a shop to install and not be sure what he really does.
Prochargers are kinda rare and I cant seem to find someone that actually knows how to get the best out of it.
WAT? You cant throw a rock in Houston without hitting a good shop. LMR, England Green, Gforce, KP Racing, 510 race engineering, and plenty more. Find someone close to you, look at some reviews and go.

I had a procharger with Kooks 1 3/4"(came with car, wish I had 1 7/8"), offroad X, and Corsa sports. Sounded amazing. Switched to NPP still awesome just some control over volume now.

Get a freer flowing exhaust, pulley and retune. Should be good for dragging AMGs all day.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:58 PM
TexanKen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Likes It LOUD

Originally Posted by Mike Farris
WAT? You cant throw a rock in Houston without hitting a good shop. LMR, England Green, Gforce, KP Racing, 510 race engineering, and plenty more. Find someone close to you, look at some reviews and go.
+1 for Mike's comments on Houston area independent shops.
Like him, I've got 1 3/4 long tubes, Cat delete and Mid-America Quad Thunder mufflers. Actually had to do some additional sound deadening to make it pleasant enough to take a trip in.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:50 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Farris

I had a procharger with Kooks 1 3/4"(came with car, wish I had 1 7/8"), offroad X, and Corsa sports. Sounded amazing. Switched to NPP still awesome just some control over volume now.
Why the wish for 1-7/8?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Mike Farris
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by saplumr
Why the wish for 1-7/8?
Just more room to grow. Probably not worth that much power and definitely not worth the price to change over now.

Get notified of new replies

To Procharged LS2 Headers and Tune ?

Quick Reply: Procharged LS2 Headers and Tune ?