C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust help on LS3 Vette

Old 09-17-2014, 11:19 PM
VetteLS3
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust help on LS3 Vette

I don't have an LS3 vette yet but am in the process of getting one so I'm trying to decide what mods I want to go with. I plan on getting 1 7/8 longtubes with X pipe from kooks, but I've read that with an A6 you are pretty much limited to the stock size 2.5" pipes because 3" would come very close to the tranny. My question is what exhaust system do you guys recommend for an A6 car, and should I go cat less or keep cats? I want the system to be completely bolt on and doable on my own as well, if that makes any difference. Basically just looking for the best performing exhaust for an A6 vette.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:19 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 154 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLS3
I don't have an LS3 vette yet but am in the process of getting one so I'm trying to decide what mods I want to go with. I plan on getting 1 7/8 longtubes with X pipe from kooks, but I've read that with an A6 you are pretty much limited to the stock size 2.5" pipes because 3" would come very close to the tranny. My question is what exhaust system do you guys recommend for an A6 car, and should I go cat less or keep cats? I want the system to be completely bolt on and doable on my own as well, if that makes any difference. Basically just looking for the best performing exhaust for an A6 vette.
I went with the 1 7/8 LG Super Pro headers, with 3" high flow cats and X pipe, but I stayed the stock pipe to the factory NPP mufflers. See my numbers below, unless you are going to build your A6 to get into the 700 hp range, 2 1/2 inch over the axles will not significantly lose you any HP

With this being the only mod (I have a 2011 GS MN6), it gave me 423 rwhp and 425 rwtq. Quite a jump over stock....

Old 09-19-2014, 02:29 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLS3
We do a lot of auto vettes these days and see great performance gains from all types of brands. Kooks make a great product along with American Racing and both perform well. I think regardless you will see respectable HP gains from either brand. Just remember exhaust is only half the game. You want to take in all that air too, so pick you up a good cold air intake to compliment the exhaust system. We carry a full line of products that you will find nicely priced and readily available on our website. I'm going to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag here and tell you that we are building our own line of 1 7/8 stainless, made in the USA headers fro your car and many others as well. they should be ready in just a few weeks and we also offer ceramic coating and custom powder coating as well. Check out our site for the best prices around.

www.hinsonmotorsports.com

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust help on LS3 Vette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust help on LS3 Vette