C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horsepoweraddict review, good and bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Stainsy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horsepoweraddict review, good and bad

I am considering getting work done by Horsepoweraddict in Delaware. I have done numerous searches, and seeing a lot of good reviews on this shop. I have an 8 hour commute with my baby on a trailer behind. I want to know from any member that has dealt with this shop their honest opinion. If you don't want to post here, please pm me.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:54 AM
SlayerRX8
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, if you've done any searching, you probably saw my thoughts on the shop. I was a little iffy about the idea of going to a shop without too many reviews, but I decided the cam install special was too good of a price to pass up and the reviews I did read were positive.

The shop doesn't look like much. If you're looking for a polished looking shop, you won't find it here. I guess you have to start somewhere, right?

The good news is that Josh is super friendly and reasonable. He also does great work. There are other alternative shops in the region that give me the impression that they care about money more than the customer, but I didn't get that from Josh. He sent email updates to me about how things were coming along with the car, how much power it made, etc. I had a small window of time when I could come pick up my car, and Josh busted his butt to make sure that I got my car on the correct day (even though he had a lot of other projects to juggle). I also noticed when I got my car back that there were zero fingerprints on it, it had been kept inside at night, etc.

The tune for my cam has been spot on. No issues, and great power.

Eventually I will do a blower on my car, and before I tried this shop I was 100% set on going to ECS to do it. Now I'm on the fence, which says something.

Either way, I definitely recommend this shop.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:57 AM
JakeC6Racing
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Belcriss
I am considering getting work done by Horsepoweraddict in Delaware. I have done numerous searches, and seeing a lot of good reviews on this shop. I have an 8 hour commute with my baby on a trailer behind. I want to know from any member that has dealt with this shop their honest opinion. If you don't want to post here, please pm me.
Same position as you. Looking to get a cam installed but I'd be driving the vette down and staying overnight during the install. I seem to have come across all positive reviews thus far. Spoke with Josh yesterday and he mentioned that with a 231 238 113 lsa cam and ARH catted headers he usually sees 460-490 on ls3's, which would be awesome. Definitely interested to hear more reviews though
Old 09-19-2014, 12:47 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,083 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by SlayerRX8

Eventually I will do a blower on my car, and before I tried this shop I was 100% set on going to ECS to do it. Now I'm on the fence, which says something.

You can go on price point and liking someone, or you can make your purchase on proven experience. No one has more experience supercharging late model Corvettes then we do period.

Just to be clear, that is in no way shape form or fashion a dig at HPA, they seem like a good group of guys from the little I know of them, it's simply fact. Nor would I have came into a thread regarding another shop if we were not specifically mentioned.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:56 PM
SlayerRX8
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Just to be clear, that is in no way shape form or fashion a dig at HPA, they seem like a good group of guys from the little I know of them, it's simply fact. Nor would I have came into a thread regarding another shop if we were not specifically mentioned.
Also to be clear, my post was not a dig at ECS. You guys are an excellent shop, and I feel your name and reputation are well known enough to use as a measuring stick for quality.

Get notified of new replies

To Horsepoweraddict review, good and bad

Quick Reply: Horsepoweraddict review, good and bad