C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 A4 transmission replacement write ups?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:36 PM
JackLS1R1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 A4 transmission replacement write ups?

My level V RPM Transmission FAILED after only 363 days and 6k miles No warranty either!

Anybody have any good write ups for the C6 transmission replacement? Every write up I see is for a C5, and I know they have different transmission mounts.... I have never done a trans on a modern Vette, but have done R&Rs many times on Fbodys

Thanks for any help
Old 09-18-2014, 09:37 PM
JackLS1R1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive read things in the manual about watching the engine and the firewall, but some say not a big deal? I have the stock intake on it

Does the Torque tube have to come down too?

Last edited by JackLS1R1; 09-18-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:36 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Just lower the engine/drivetrain down in the rear, remove the rear cradle, unbolt the trans from the TT, unbolt the converter from the drive plate, disconnect the tranny lines and wiring harness to the trans. Pull the trans/diff out as one unit.

Leave the TT bolted to the engine, just put a jack stand under the rear of the TT to support it and get weight off the motor mounts.

You will have to disconnect the intake/maf tube to the TB. Becareful to only lower the rear of the drivetrain down enough to get it out. Watch out around the fire wall/ac lines etc etc don't lean the engine too far back and crunch sh*t.

Pretty much, the job is a PITA. A tranny jack will help if you can find one tall enough.. I usually just use 3 floor jack and banzai the b*tch out.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 A4 transmission replacement write ups?

Quick Reply: C6 A4 transmission replacement write ups?