C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dewitts radiator z51 option C6 2005.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 06:53 PM
shawnaj7731
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dewitts radiator z51 option C6 2005.

Hello guys, my radiator end tank cracked and rather then take a chance and replace it with another oem style one and have it do it again. I just bit the bullit and bought the dewitts radiator set up for the EOC and TOC coolers. I opted not to get the fan set up and just hope that my factory fan fits in it there with no issues. Any insight or things I should be aware before it comes here for delivery. I am also going to put a 180 degree thermostat in. My tuner said no need for the 160 degree.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:04 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The Dewitts is a really nice product.

I have dual fans but on the street they never ran more than 50% on the streets in traffic with ambient temps around 95.

My on track temps dropped 40 degrees.

Cutting out and splicing the fan connector would be a good thing to do while in there.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:54 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnaj7731
Hello guys, my radiator end tank cracked and rather then take a chance and replace it with another oem style one and have it do it again. I just bit the bullit and bought the dewitts radiator set up for the EOC and TOC coolers. I opted not to get the fan set up and just hope that my factory fan fits in it there with no issues. Any insight or things I should be aware before it comes here for delivery. I am also going to put a 180 degree thermostat in. My tuner said no need for the 160 degree.
one thing that took me a while to find the temp of the coolant actually runs 21* above the stamped temp on the thermostat.............so a 160 runs about 180. The stock is 185 and runs about 205
they info is buried in the service manual !
i spent quite a bit of time trying to find out why my 160 wouldn't keep at 160
Old 09-19-2014, 11:03 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnaj7731
Hello guys, my radiator end tank cracked and rather then take a chance and replace it with another oem style one and have it do it again. I just bit the bullit and bought the dewitts radiator set up for the EOC and TOC coolers. I opted not to get the fan set up and just hope that my factory fan fits in it there with no issues. Any insight or things I should be aware before it comes here for delivery.
1. If you find yourself fighting to unhook the old radiator from the A/C condenser, specifically on the right side, because there isn't _quite_ enough room to do it unless you disconnect the A/C lines... just remember that the old radiator is going in the trash and break the plastic tab that's holding you up.

2. The oil line that connects to the bottom of the left tank is attached to a boss on the electric fan housing with a plastic clip. With the DeWitt's radiator installed, the thickness of the plastic clip may prevent the line from clicking into its quick-connect fitting in the radiator. I just left the clip off and used a zip tie.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:58 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ErnieN85
one thing that took me a while to find the temp of the coolant actually runs 21* above the stamped temp on the thermostat.............so a 160 runs about 180. The stock is 185 and runs about 205
they info is buried in the service manual !
i spent quite a bit of time trying to find out why my 160 wouldn't keep at 160
Yep, the thermostat is on the input to the engine which is the cooler output side of the radiatiator.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:13 AM
turboed
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go with the 160,i did on my 08 because is really hot here and i don't need the temp at 220 at the track.

Get notified of new replies

To Dewitts radiator z51 option C6 2005.

Quick Reply: Dewitts radiator z51 option C6 2005.