C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock bolts

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 08:11 PM
tankengine
Water Well Doctor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stock bolts

Mods, sorry if this is the wrong section but this is where I've been reading this.

"The car has been lowered on stock bolts."

I would really like to know what this means.

I would also like to know just how invasive this lowering with the stock bolts is and if returning it to stock is as good as having never done it to begin with.

Thank you
Old 09-21-2014, 03:03 AM
paloalto00
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tankengine
Mods, sorry if this is the wrong section but this is where I've been reading this.

"The car has been lowered on stock bolts."

I would really like to know what this means.

I would also like to know just how invasive this lowering with the stock bolts is and if returning it to stock is as good as having never done it to begin with.

Thank you
Corvettes have threaded bolts which you can turn to lower or raise the car. This simply means they lowered the car, it's not invasive at all; you're simply just turning a wrench
Old 09-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Just be sure of the wheel alignment is correct. Some may diy home lowering and not take the expenses to have the car alignment checked.

When car is lowered or raised this should be checked because it will change.

Usually about $200-$300 for adjusting the bolts and getting an alignment.

All it takes is a jack to left the car up and another jack to take tension off the composite leaf spring so the bolt may be turned.

I would take it to a shop that has done this before unless you are a diy type and by the question you asked I think you are not in this area.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:23 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The "lowering bolts" you are talking about were not designed so that the car could be lowered for appearances. They are designed for corner balancing the car for serious racers.

The problem with returning the bolts to the stock position is that you don't know the "stock" position. For the bolts to be returned to the original position will require an alignment shop with a corner balancing setup. Look for a couple of hundred dollars to an alignment shop to corner balance then align the car correctly after it has been "lowered on the stock bolts".

Get notified of new replies

To Stock bolts

Quick Reply: Stock bolts