C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launch control ... not so god !

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 04:11 AM
achampagne
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Launch control ... not so god !

Tried launch control at the track today. either I am doing it wrong or my very average clutch start produces less wheel spin. You can hear the engine Rev at 4500rpm at the start of the video. However once I dump the clutch ... back is hopping all over the track. Any of you tried launch control at the track ?

Video

I drive a 2011 coupe LS3.

Alex
Old 09-21-2014, 04:44 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by achampagne
Tried launch control at the track today. either I am doing it wrong or my very average clutch start produces less wheel spin. You can hear the engine Rev at 4500rpm at the start of the video. However once I dump the clutch ... back is hopping all over the track. Any of you tried launch control at the track ?

Video
http://youtu.be/C1dWorbQ3Bs

I drive a 2011 coupe LS3.

Alex
I first tried it on my 2010 Camaro SS. With the stock tires it didn't work at all but with drag radials I was able launch the car like it was an automatic. Even won a runner up trophy at the first Summit ET points race I went to with the car.

Quick Reply: Launch control ... not so god !