C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NPP Sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 07:41 AM
jenablist
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default NPP Sound

got a question regarding the Sound a 2008 LS3 corvette should make with the NPP open.

I got a 2008 with NPP i bought in Feb, previous guy said it kept it stock and he fitted a switch for NPP. the car sounds great! pops like creasy on the overrun and I have not noticed any other pop like this... I tried a GS and definitely it was not as district in the the overrun popping.

I'm scared if I go long tubes I may loose this deep popping sound in the overrun so before I did anything I wanted to check with my fellows in the forum.

I inspected the car and it does seem to be stock apart from a rectangular cut in the shroud under the stock filter.
Can it be that the popping is caused by tuning? my open pipes get quite oily black... maybe the guy was running a Ram air, he dyno tuned it and now it runs a bit rich?

regardless Is this popping I love so much normal?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:37 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

it is normal when the npp valves are open regardless of exhaust headers. if you have the little collars, you can keep the valves open slightly all the time, but not have to go wide open as the M2W does. as rpms go up, so does the sound both on accel and decal.

Quick Reply: NPP Sound