C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reduced engine power/service traction control

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 07:57 PM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

Default reduced engine power/service traction control

Anyone else ever experience this? I have an 05 M6 and have been getting this a lot lately. DIC flashes back and forth "reduced engine power and service traction control system". I had it in to a Chevy Dealer and they told me it was the throttle body. I had them replace it and it's still coming up. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:35 PM
bontrager
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05LemansBLue
Anyone else ever experience this? I have an 05 M6 and have been getting this a lot lately. DIC flashes back and forth "reduced engine power and service traction control system". I had it in to a Chevy Dealer and they told me it was the throttle body. I had them replace it and it's still coming up. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I had a similar problem when I added a ported throttle body to my 2000 vert. vendor claimed it was installed wrong. I went to a higher flow throttle body and had the vert street tuned and the problem never returned.

Do you have a "tuner" in your area?

Good luck! ( I also have a 2005 Lemans Blue vert)
Old 09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

There are a number of reasons for REP. If they read the code that resulted and it was one of several that involve the throttle body, it could also be faulty/damaged wiring, bad throttle body connector, bad ECU, and faulty gas peddle sensor. The dealer has more work to do.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:12 PM
BOBSZ857
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by jim2092
There are a number of reasons for REP. If they read the code that resulted and it was one of several that involve the throttle body, it could also be faulty/damaged wiring, bad throttle body connector, bad ECU, and faulty gas peddle sensor. The dealer has more work to do.
Thanks for the info Jim! I made another appointment to follow up on this. Service Manager pretty much mentioned all the same items as you did.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:30 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

Check the plug wires at both ends, especially at the coil pack...
Old 11-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Kad2112
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05LemansBLue
Thanks for the info Jim! I made another appointment to follow up on this. Service Manager pretty much mentioned all the same items as you did.
05LemansBlue,
Did you ever get this resolved? If so, what was the issue.
Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To reduced engine power/service traction control

Quick Reply: reduced engine power/service traction control