C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Question

Old 09-28-2014, 10:03 AM
lovinmyls1
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Exhaust Question

Hi just got my first Vette...it's a 2005 'vert.I would like a little better sounding exhaust.Would a 2008 Z06 bi-mode fit it....I see these on sale quite often.Also is the bi-mode the same as NPP? I know I will need a vacuum line and/or switch? Thanks....Ed
Old 09-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Dave S
Retired & lovin' it!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 444 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by lovinmyls1
Hi just got my first Vette...it's a 2005 'vert.I would like a little better sounding exhaust.Would a 2008 Z06 bi-mode fit it....I see these on sale quite often.Also is the bi-mode the same as NPP? I know I will need a vacuum line and/or switch? Thanks....Ed
I've had an '05 MN6 'vert since new. First exhaust mod I did was Corsa Sports with their X-pipe. Sound was great & the install was easy. Next came AR Headers with their hi-flow cats....kept the Corsa mufflers. Sound is now awesome & no fit problems whatsoever. When I did the first exhaust mod, I had access to a 4-post lift (although it could be done with a floor jack & jack stands). For the headers & hi-flow cats, I didn't have access to the lift any longer so had the work done by East Coast Supercharging here in NJ. IMHO, either of these options would give you a great exhaust with easy installation. While you're at it, you might also consider adding an Elite Engineering chassis plate which will add some stiffness to the 'vert chassis & also help reducing heat transfer to the passenger cabin.

Last edited by Dave S; 09-28-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:14 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the Corsa sports with the X pipe. I like the sound.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:19 PM
lovinmyls1
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

There is a local guy with the Z06 bi-mode for sale thats why I asked about that but you're input is very welcome,thanks.Would still like to know about the Z06 sound and fit.Anyone else?

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust Question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust Question