C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rearview mirror re-install?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 03:18 AM
VertVetts C5
4th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rearview mirror re-install?

I bumped the rearview mirror on my friends C6 and it came off the stud bolt? Anyone know the trick to re-installing it?
Old 09-30-2014, 04:53 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Originally Posted by VertVetts C5
I bumped the rearview mirror on my friends C6 and it came off the stud bolt? Anyone know the trick to re-installing it?
TO REMOVE
rotate the mirror clockwise to remove. Use the bottom of the mirror base as a reference and call it the 6 o'clock position. Rotate the mirror base clockwise to approximately the 9 o'clock position. The mirror will then release from the windshield.
INSTALL
When installing the mirror, install with the mirror base at approximately the 9 o'clock position. Apply pressure to the mirror base against the windshield and the rotate counter clockwise to the 6 o'clock position. Re-inspect the mirror and confirm it has been secured to the windshield.

Hope this explains it OK
Old 09-30-2014, 10:59 AM
VertVetts C5
4th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR
TO REMOVE
rotate the mirror clockwise to remove. Use the bottom of the mirror base as a reference and call it the 6 o'clock position. Rotate the mirror base clockwise to approximately the 9 o'clock position. The mirror will then release from the windshield.
INSTALL
When installing the mirror, install with the mirror base at approximately the 9 o'clock position. Apply pressure to the mirror base against the windshield and the rotate counter clockwise to the 6 o'clock position. Re-inspect the mirror and confirm it has been secured to the windshield.

Hope this explains it OK
Great, I'll give it a try! Thanks much.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,924 Likes on 5,330 Posts

Are you saying the mirror ball and socket fitting in the backside of the mirror came apart? If so its time for a new mirror. If you are talking about the mount to the windshield then the instructions above may work.

Bill
Old 10-02-2014, 12:05 AM
VertVetts C5
4th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Are you saying the mirror ball and socket fitting in the backside of the mirror came apart? If so its time for a new mirror. If you are talking about the mount to the windshield then the instructions above may work.

Bill
Thanks Bill for the reply. However, LV2TOUR was right on. I was successful re-installing it using his instructions. Someone else may find his instructions when dealing with a Blend-Mount or other radar attaching device attaching to the mirror.

Thanks LV2TOUR-Right On!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:03 PM
William Dorman
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great instructions! I bumped my C6's mirror off while installing my new Blendmount V1 radar detector. I am far from mechanical, and your directions were simple. Thanks for help.
Bill in ABQ, NM

Get notified of new replies

To Rearview mirror re-install?

Quick Reply: Rearview mirror re-install?