C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good numbers on the Dyno!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Bigboost954
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good numbers on the Dyno!

Well everyone I finally decided to get my car tuned last week. By Redline motorsports here in South Florida I was not sure of the difference it would make. Because all I have is a Halltech mf105 CAI. But I was surprised I made 422rwhp and 410ftlb my car is a 2010 corvette Grand sport M6. I figured that was pretty good. what are you guys making stock with cai ?

Last edited by Bigboost954; 10-12-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:44 PM
shawnaj7731
Pro

I am sure others will chime in but that is very high for a tune and air filter.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:00 PM
jenablist
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnaj7731
I am sure others will chime in but that is very high for a tune and air filter.
yes baseline is around 380 whp stock on a manual.. zoo tune and cai you should get 25 tops.. that would put you 405..

but again dynos are useful to get a measure of the gains from mod/tuning not all are accurate in terms of overall numbers.

at 423 you are looking at 475+ crank, I'm not sure how accurate its that but if it is and you need to pass and share the tune

what has been the before after tune?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I had 422 with a set of ARH headers with a Vararam CAI with tune/plugs and 160* stat. On a 08 LS3 manual.

#'s seem high.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:01 AM
bobeast
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Did the tuner also run the dyno?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Bigboost954
Advanced

Yes I agree that number seem a little high from what I researched but that's what it is not sure if it makes much of a difference but the car also has the NPP exhaust stuck on wild lol . But I will post the dyno sheet when I get off work. I mean I know redline motorsports is a very well know company with excellent and well knowledged employees. Also a site vendor. I know they hold a few records and what not but what is the most power someone has pulled out of a pretty much stock ls3 grand sport?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:21 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 148 Posts

I've seen #'s all over the place. Apparently there are some factory freaks and you have one of them. This car made 413rwhp/418rwtq stock.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:12 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by JetstreamGS
I've seen #'s all over the place. Apparently there are some factory freaks and you have one of them. This car made 413rwhp/418rwtq stock.

2010 Grandsport Corvette w/ A&A Vortech Supercharger & Monster II Blower Cam - YouTube
I'm more likely to equate high HP/TQ numbers to dyno variations and calibrations than to factory freaks.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:39 PM
user1234

Originally Posted by Bigboost954
Yes I agree that number seem a little high from what I researched but that's what it is not sure if it makes much of a difference but the car also has the NPP exhaust stuck on wild lol . But I will post the dyno sheet when I get off work. I mean I know redline motorsports is a very well know company with excellent and well knowledged employees. Also a site vendor. I know they hold a few records and what not but what is the most power someone has pulled out of a pretty much stock ls3 grand sport?
Hey Tony, it was a pleasure to meet both you and your beautiful Grand Sport and having "H" perform a proper on Dyno calibration on her for you.

We actually come across these cars so often, and the HP swings can make you really ponder it all.

But when all is said and done, you have a badass LS3/C6/GS/M6, and we can't wait to hear on how she performs at the track!

Old 10-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Bigboost954
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rick@Redline-MS
Hey Tony, it was a pleasure to meet both you and your beautiful Grand Sport and having "H" perform a proper on Dyno calibration on her for you.

We actually come across these cars so often, and the HP swings can make you really ponder it all.

But when all is said and done, you have a badass LS3/C6/GS/M6, and we can't wait to hear on how she performs at the track!

Thanks Rick you guys are the bomb. I'm trying to get some tires now and will give you guys numbers ASAP.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Bigboost954
Advanced

well here is the dyno sheet.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Bigboost954
Advanced

Well everyone here is my time slip finally. It took me a while to head to the track but I made it happen I had some issues with my clutch peddle sticking to the floor but hope everyone can enjoy here are the numbers to prove my dyno sheet. These times where made with 1-7/8" kooks longtubes, off-road xpipe 3" , 3"z06, halltech 105 and a tune from Redline Motorsports.
On stock GS wheels with 345-30-19 nitto NT05R on 15psi
Attached Images  

Last edited by Bigboost954; 05-17-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Nice ET time!

You have added long tubes though since the first post.

What are the new dyno readings?
Old 05-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Bigboost954
Advanced

Here's the new dyno sheet with new numbers adding the long tubes and xpipe
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Wow crazy high for just bolt ons.

Low ET though, the mph seemed more inline.

It is what it is.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:28 PM
slayer6x6
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice numbers!!
Old 05-21-2015, 12:40 AM
zee OH sex
Racer

Those are awesome numbers for bolt ons and one hell of a nice 1/4 mile time...1.6 60ft is pretty damn good. I actually live right down the street from Redline's old shop in Rotterdam, NY. Howard tuned my c5z06 back in the day when he was more or less just getting started. It's too bad he relocated, but the street car scene is dead in my area, its probably good that he did.

Get notified of new replies

To Good numbers on the Dyno!

Old 05-21-2015, 05:33 AM
Bigboost954
Advanced

Originally Posted by zee OH sex
Those are awesome numbers for bolt ons and one hell of a nice 1/4 mile time...1.6 60ft is pretty damn good. I actually live right down the street from Redline's old shop in Rotterdam, NY. Howard tuned my c5z06 back in the day when he was more or less just getting started. It's too bad he relocated, but the street car scene is dead in my area, its probably good that he did.
Howard at Redline Motorsports is the man. Best in the business in my opinion
Old 05-21-2015, 05:19 PM
zee OH sex
Racer

Originally Posted by Bigboost954
Howard at Redline Motorsports is the man. Best in the business in my opinion
He's a good guy, has a great following and certainly knows what he is doing. He had a bit of a rough start around here and for some reason people would hardly give the guy a chance. All they did was bash him. I did take my last vette to him and I was pleased. Guys around here can be idiots, they all know everything of course, and the high dollar street car scene never really took off here. Howard did the right thing relocating and look at him now! Ultimately the street car scene totally died around here so I'm left needing to travel when I want a good tune done...sounds like you have a bad ride there. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to get down and visit Howard's new place sometime in the future. Like I said I'm less than 5 minutes from his old shop which was attached to his old business, really a nice facility. Was taken over by some detailing company and a small time used car wholesaler. Sad...
Old 05-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by zee OH sex
He's a good guy, has a great following and certainly knows what he is doing. He had a bit of a rough start around here and for some reason people would hardly give the guy a chance. All they did was bash him. I did take my last vette to him and I was pleased. Guys around here can be idiots, they all know everything of course, and the high dollar street car scene never really took off here. Howard did the right thing relocating and look at him now! Ultimately the street car scene totally died around here so I'm left needing to travel when I want a good tune done...sounds like you have a bad ride there. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to get down and visit Howard's new place sometime in the future. Like I said I'm less than 5 minutes from his old shop which was attached to his old business, really a nice facility. Was taken over by some detailing company and a small time used car wholesaler. Sad...
Thanks... However... I really never had a rough start and the douche bags that liked to talk **** were not even customers. They where young kids who couldn't afford LS vehicles and also people hated the success it was getting... Mean while since I left the whole scene is a disaster and I'm continuing to build the brand... I don't care who challenges my move or my reputation as we stay on point... People may not like how blunt we are but we know what it takes to build winners... I haven't started to turn the heat up yet but now that we've concreted three here in south fla we going to...

I've also realized that we are not for everyone... And the best choices I've made with my business in recent is excersizing the word "NO"..

Anyway... It was a very emotional desicion to go but I had an opportunity to grow this and it wasn't going to be in Upstate NY... My true customers accepted it and enjoy seeing us in magazines like Vette and watching many videos of crazy cars we build... For that we are happy... The others can pound salt...

Thanks for your words!

HT

Quick Reply: Good numbers on the Dyno!