C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PROBLEM - no display on heat/air controls

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PROBLEM - no display on heat/air controls

Had the battery out of the car for a month. Decided to get it running today to get ready for a cruise next week. Noticed I didn't have any display on the heat/a/c panel and the A/C compressor was engaged. Stopped to get gas and when I started the car it had a jumbled display. I got it home and restarted it and the display came back and it works perfectly. The clock and radio seemed to be okay.

Can anyone explain what happened or shed some light on this? I've had the battery out of it before but never had a problem like this.

I just like having an explanation for little hiccups like this.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Sleeper
I just like having an explanation for little hiccups like this.
Don't we all. But quite often there is no explanation. Maybe chaos theory?

Just bow towards whatever deity you choose and give thanks that it required no dealership assistance. Also, be prepared with a spare unit if you can get one for a good price (they are $$$$ new) as these things seem to be on GM's list of "things the contractors took us for."

Prices for the replacement unit on my 2007:

List price: $665
Online: $386
part #: 25938052

I was able to replace mine (post warranty when both mine and my wife's were replaced) with one hunted down online in a wrecking yard. Still working fine two years later, btw.

Repair is plug-and-play, btw.

Z//
Old 10-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Red Sleeper
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
Don't we all. But quite often there is no explanation. Maybe chaos theory?

Just bow towards whatever deity you choose and give thanks that it required no dealership assistance. Also, be prepared with a spare unit if you can get one for a good price (they are $$$$ new) as these things seem to be on GM's list of "things the contractors took us for."

Prices for the replacement unit on my 2007:

List price: $665
Online: $386
part #: 25938052

I was able to replace mine (post warranty when both mine and my wife's were replaced) with one hunted down online in a wrecking yard. Still working fine two years later, btw.

Repair is plug-and-play, btw.

Z//
That's a scary price!.. but what on a Corvette isn't expensive. I took it for a drive today and it did perfectly. I'll be pulling the battery back out of it after the cruise next. I'll see what happens.

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To PROBLEM - no display on heat/air controls

Quick Reply: PROBLEM - no display on heat/air controls