C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Domin8 Tune, SLP Ceramic Headers and Very Happy Customer!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 06:03 PM
omegaboss
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Domin8 Tune, SLP Ceramic Headers and Very Happy Customer!

First let me say, I am only posting this to share with forum as I have learned a lot from all of your posts!

I thought I would share with the forum a great experience I am having with my recent mods to a 2011 GS with NPP exhaust! First let me say, I am not tracking the car. I just wanted to improve the sound and performance. I purchased SLP Ceramic coated headers with high flow cats and X pipe. The fit and finish are fantastic. I have to thank Curt at RPM Hot Rods who did the installation. Apparently they went on without any drama and connected nicely to my NPP which I wanted to keep as I have the Mild to wild module. So now I have the best of all worlds. Incredible race car sound when I want it and I can sneak into the neighborhood at night without waking the neighbors! Although if I'm honest, I hardly ever listen to radio since putting them on since I love the sound of power that comes through loud and clear!

I went with the SLPs as I wanted ceramic coating and these are coated inside and out. During our test runs, we had to replace a spark plug as the insulator was cracked and were able to do it within a few minutes of parking the car. I couldn't believe it but the coating truly does reduce under the hood heat.

Finally I wanted to share with anyone that has a Corvette in the Pittsburgh are that Domin8 tuning is the MAN! I can't believe the difference, as it is like night and day! Jake is incredibly nice and thorough! He dyno tuned the car and street tuned the automatic transmission to my liking having me drive several late night runs . All I can say is WOW!!!

So if you are looking for header packages I highly recommend SLP ceramic coated. They look great, perform well and no heat! (I realize there are other great brands that might make a few horsepower more, but they are very well priced when you can get The headers, high flow cats, x-pipe and all the hardware for $1400!)

If you are looking for tuner in the Pittsburgh area, call Jake at Domin8.(www.domin8tuned.com) He is great to work with and tell him
Old 10-19-2014, 09:23 PM
USAF-Vette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get the headers from?
I've always liked SLP...their stuff is factory-like quality.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:04 AM
omegaboss
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased them from SLP directly.

Get notified of new replies

To Domin8 Tune, SLP Ceramic Headers and Very Happy Customer!

Quick Reply: Domin8 Tune, SLP Ceramic Headers and Very Happy Customer!