C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c6z head fix, cam and tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:31 PM
AtomicBob
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default c6z head fix, cam and tune

Just wanting to share my experience and have been meaning to post this for a little while now. Just after purchasing my 2008 c6z, I had Weapons Grade Performance in Wallingford, CT pull my heads and send out to WCCH for the "fix". WGP typically works on GTRs but are very familiar with LS applications as well having the first BRZ06. I opted away for porting and milling to keep costs down. At that time we decided to do a cam swap and header install as well while we were in there. We went with the Ragin Racing Lethal cam, Kooks 1 7/8, along with all new gaskets etc. The whole process went very smoothly. Doug, the owner of WGP, has helped me with some modifications with my previous vettes. He is very knowledgeable and prices are more than fair. I received pictures every step of the way from start to finish. Have put about 4k miles since the modifications with zero issues.
My brother, known on here as Snyper, tuned my car once put back together. Initially putting in a start up map and then did street tuning. Coming from a very large cam in my previous Z i knew i didnt want something that was too big to maintain drivability. Car is tuned spot on with very minor surging. Had a chance to strap it onto a dynojet where it made 536 / 474.
Since this time we added a ported throttle body and ported ls7 intake manifold along with some more street tuning to adjust for the added airflow. I would imagine the car is making about 550 wheel now.
Future goals consist of either some sort of forced induction and/or nitrous along with potentially building the motor. I will also need some sort of twin disc clutch to hold the added power.

Last edited by AtomicBob; 10-19-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:41 PM
FlipRay
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats? I guess I was waiting for a question in the end.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:43 PM
AtomicBob
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

nope just sharing my experience. clarified my original post to not waste anyones time looking for question they may want to answer

Get notified of new replies

To c6z head fix, cam and tune

Quick Reply: c6z head fix, cam and tune