C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

active handling???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Kevin Pow
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default active handling???

On the DIC i get "service active handling system" can someone tell me what i should do? Thanks
Old 10-20-2014, 03:35 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Well, you could read THIS if you have a few hours to spare.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:00 PM
2012 coupe
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2005

Originally Posted by Kevin Pow
On the DIC i get "service active handling system" can someone tell me what i should do? Thanks
My 2005 Corvette coupe has the same problem. Dealer replaced the steering wheel position switch, at my cost of course. Problem still exists.

I filled out the paperwork for the complaint. We will see.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

First, thing you should know. If the message is on Active Handling is dead and will not cause any issues no matter what the BS in the other thread says. When that message is on the system is turned off.

Second, go to an autoparts store and have the codes checked with a scanner that can read ABS codes. Items that can cause the message are the steering sensor, the lateral G and Yaw rate sensors and an engine problem. However, the engine problem usually generates a Service Traction Control message as well. If you don't use a scanner that can read ABS codes then you will not be able to see the code that is causing the message.

Third, report back here with the correct code which will be in the form of Cxxxx and in some cases Pxxxx. We also need to know what year the car is because there can be differences from year to year.

Bill
Old 10-20-2014, 08:54 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

Do you telescope the steering wheel often?
Old 10-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Kevin Pow
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cclive
Do you telescope the steering wheel often?
Yes, It has memory so each time i go i
out.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:42 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 178 Likes on 160 Posts

That is probably why the dealer changed the steering wheel sensor. My suggestion is to follow Bill's advice.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:33 PM
StKnoWhere
Tech Contributor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
First, thing you should know. If the message is on Active Handling is dead and will not cause any issues no matter what the BS in the other thread says. When that message is on the system is turned off.

Second, go to an autoparts store and have the codes checked with a scanner that can read ABS codes. Items that can cause the message are the steering sensor, the lateral G and Yaw rate sensors and an engine problem. However, the engine problem usually generates a Service Traction Control message as well. If you don't use a scanner that can read ABS codes then you will not be able to see the code that is causing the message.

Third, report back here with the correct code which will be in the form of Cxxxx and in some cases Pxxxx. We also need to know what year the car is because there can be differences from year to year.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To active handling???

Quick Reply: active handling???