C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about install of headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 01:28 PM
dentalfloss
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Questions about install of headers

I am recent to the Corvette scene. I bought a 2005 C6 base coupe and am having fun with it. I went to the drag strip and caught the bug. I just bought OBX header/X pipe package and a FlowTech Induction, mild cam package called Street Sweeper TQ- 222/224--597/592--111. I am about to install the headers and.

Anyway, I could use help in deciding whether to stay with the headers or go with Z06 exhaust. I am 66 and not a fan of noise anymore. So with OBX headers with cats and stock cat back, will I get any ticking or drowning. I don't care about it being louder when I step on it. Would the ZO6 headers give me just as much power, etc.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:14 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I'd install the headers and see how you liked the oem catback, if that doesn't provide the right sound, then a pickup a set of the Z06 mufflers, you can control the sound via the vacuum actuators.

Most Z06 mufflers will be about 4-500, with the 2011up units commanding a bit more as they are the same as the ZR1, (solid inner bypass pipe)
Old 10-30-2014, 04:49 PM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Default OBX quite

Originally Posted by dentalfloss
I am recent to the Corvette scene. I bought a 2005 C6 base coupe and am having fun with it. I went to the drag strip and caught the bug. I just bought OBX header/X pipe package and a FlowTech Induction, mild cam package called Street Sweeper TQ- 222/224--597/592--111. I am about to install the headers and.

Anyway, I could use help in deciding whether to stay with the headers or go with Z06 exhaust. I am 66 and not a fan of noise anymore. So with OBX headers with cats and stock cat back, will I get any ticking or drowning. I don't care about it being louder when I step on it. Would the ZO6 headers give me just as much power, etc.

Thank you in advance.
the OBX with cats will be near as quiet as stock.you will only hear a little more at wide open throttle. this is what I run on mine. do not run the ZO6 MANIFOLDS unless you are forced to.

Last edited by irok; 10-30-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:29 PM
dentalfloss
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

irok. Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Someone who has the same setup and confirms that it is ok.

Get notified of new replies

To Questions about install of headers

Quick Reply: Questions about install of headers