C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding a coil over shock

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rebuilding a coil over shock

I have PFADT coil over shocks on my car and one of my rear shocks is leaking oil, I want to rebuild the shock. Does anyone know what kind of oil these shocks take and how much? Since PFADT is out of business I can't contact them for this information.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:00 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 109 Likes on 100 Posts

Someone on this forum posted some info on a shop (in ca i think) that was able to service/rebuild the phadt c/o's. Try a search or maybe they will chime in. What coilovers are you using? I hope my featherlights dont crap out on me....although i've heard great things about LG coilovers.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
Someone on this forum posted some info on a shop (in ca i think) that was able to service/rebuild the phadt c/o's. Try a search or maybe they will chime in. What coilovers are you using? I hope my featherlights dont crap out on me....although i've heard great things about LG coilovers.

My shocks are the featherlight drag shocks and this is the second one I have had do this.

I am wanting to tear it down myself and repair it. I don't know anything about these shock but I figure it is a bad O-ring so why can't I change it out myself?
Old 11-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,012 Likes on 2,171 Posts

REsuspension.com,

They can either rebuild yours, or at least a source for seals, shafts, valves if your needs to be replaced, then there is the mater of fluid and recharging the shock if you are doing it yourself.

Get notified of new replies

To Rebuilding a coil over shock

Quick Reply: Rebuilding a coil over shock