C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam for new build

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:53 PM
g8gt208scvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cam for new build

Hey guys give me your opinions on the cam going into my new build. The specs on the cam is (227 241 .630 .630 115 +4). Little background of what it's going in... LY6 (LS2 Iron Block), 4" forged Callies crank - stroked to 402ci. Ported LS3 Heads, forged pistons, chromoly pushrods, Procharger D1SC....how is that cam for this FI build???
Old 11-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by g8gt208scvette
Hey guys give me your opinions on the cam going into my new build. The specs on the cam is (227 241 .630 .630 115 +4). Little background of what it's going in... LY6 (LS2 Iron Block), 4" forged Callies crank - stroked to 402ci. Ported LS3 Heads, forged pistons, chromoly pushrods, Procharger D1SC....how is that cam for this FI build???
The best advice I can give you; especially with the Cam Motion cams; is to call Allan Futral at Futral Motorsports and discuss the details of your build and goals. Allan will custom grind a cam that best meets your needs. I've been using his cams for many years on the road courses in both LS6 and LS2 motors with great success. Mike
Old 11-23-2014, 09:03 AM
g8gt208scvette
Racer

Originally Posted by AlohaC5
The best advice I can give you; especially with the Cam Motion cams; is to call Allan Futral at Futral Motorsports and discuss the details of your build and goals. Allan will custom grind a cam that best meets your needs. I've been using his cams for many years on the road courses in both LS6 and LS2 motors with great success. Mike
Bryan Neelen of Late Model Engines is doing the custom grind on the cam as well as the porting and everything else on the engine.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by g8gt208scvette
Bryan Neelen of Late Model Engines is doing the custom grind on the cam as well as the porting and everything else on the engine.
Good luck. Your original post was less than a week ago. Sounds like you already decided on a course of action.

I'm sure you did your research of LME on this forum first. Looking forward to the results.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:28 AM
g8gt208scvette
Racer

Originally Posted by AlohaC5
Good luck. Your original post was less than a week ago. Sounds like you already decided on a course of action.

I'm sure you did your research of LME on this forum first. Looking forward to the results.
LME has had my car since September lol....LME is local to me..Was just wondering opinion on the cam chosen by Bryan for the build...my engine goes into Assembly and dyno next week...I'm sure it will be worth the wait

Get notified of new replies

To Cam for new build

Quick Reply: Cam for new build