C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Despute over shipping charges

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 02:31 PM
vette4mud
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Delete

Last edited by vette4mud; 11-26-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:06 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Sound like you two have a mess on your hands.

I got tired of dealing with people that bought a car, they can't afford to own and then want to worry about $10 that I quit selling parts on the forum.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:03 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Unfortunately you might have to play ball otherwise you risk losing everything here. Paypal protects buyers a good bit more than sellers (unless he paid with a gift), and especially if he didn't receive the package directly to his "verified" address.

I wish you the best of luck!
Old 11-21-2014, 04:06 PM
vette4mud
Racer

I called paypal and discussed the issue in its entirety, they think this is absurd and they do not want me to do anything. they said if he has any questions, he can call paypal claims.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:07 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

That's great to hear. I might call them back and record the conversation if you didn't the first time however.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:12 PM
vette4mud
Racer

Originally Posted by SEVINN
That's great to hear. I might call them back and record the conversation if you didn't the first time however.
PayPal agent verified that our convo was documented and noted on that particular transaction.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:32 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Just so I understand this correctly. He agreed to pay $650 shipped for the panels, correct? Then after payment was received, you were able to locate another shipping service that was cheaper. But it required you to take time off of work, purchase packing material, and package the panels yourself? Now that part was your decision after the fact so you can't really use that as a bargaining tool. However, he agreed to pay for the panels shipped to him. $650 was the agreed upon price and you delivered. If FedEx was still the original courier, he wouldn't have an issue with the deal. $650 is what he was willing to pay and he still received his panels. If anything, I say you owe him a tank of gas because he had to go pick up the panels himself, which would probably aggravate me as well, unless that was part of the original deal. I hate when people try and make money off of shipping charges but that doesn't sound like this was the case here.

IMO. Bottom line is he agreed to pay $650 for the panels shipped to him and that's what he got. (with the exception of him having to pick them up himself which to me equals a tank of gas at most)

This is what I hate about selling things privately. No matter how good of a deal something is, people always want to low-ball you or get something for nothing.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:35 PM
vette4mud
Racer

Originally Posted by shado
Just so I understand this correctly. He agreed to pay $650 shipped for the panels, correct? Then after payment was received, you were able to locate another shipping service that was cheaper. But it required you to take time off of work, purchase packing material, and package the panels yourself? Now that part was your decision after the fact so you can't really use that as a bargaining tool. However, he agreed to pay for the panels shipped to him. $650 was the agreed upon price and you delivered. If FedEx was still the original courier, he wouldn't have an issue with the deal. $650 is what he was willing to pay and he still received his panels. If anything, I say you owe him a tank of gas because he had to go pick up the panels himself, which would probably aggravate me as well, unless that was part of the original deal. I hate when people try and make money off of shipping charges but that doesn't sound like this was the case here. IMO. Bottom line is he agreed to pay $650 for the panels shipped to him and that's what he got. (with the exception of him having to pick them up himself which to me equals a tank of gas at most) This is what I hate about selling things privately. No matter how good of a deal something is, people always want to low-ball you or get something for nothing.
you are correct except he agreed to go to the fedex terminal to pick up the crate of fenders, which ironically not that far from the greyhound station
Old 11-21-2014, 04:37 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by shado

This is what I hate about selling things privately. No matter how good of a deal something is, people always want to low-ball you or get something for nothing.
We are on the same page!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:18 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by vette4mud
you are correct except he agreed to go to the fedex terminal to pick up the crate of fenders, which ironically not that far from the greyhound station
Well if that was the case, I say wish him well and walk away. The deal is done and you owe him nothing further.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:21 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

You could be a Nice Guy and give him some of the saved money but if he gives you a had time tell him to suck wind...... you OWE him nothing.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:18 AM
meinersk
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds like hes a bit of a jerk wad..I would give the 150 back.Coversation was too brief for him to throw out threats.I would get mad and say take out your dispute since you don't want to talk ..ship then back and go scratch your butt
Old 11-22-2014, 05:11 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

sounds like you quoted him a shipping cost going through FedEx or UPS, then went on the cheap expecting to pocket the difference.
I know I would be pissed if someone said it would cost X to ship, then find out it was HUNDREDS of dollars cheaper to ship.

You even offered to pay back $150 and he accepted. Just suck it up. you still keep 150 as well.

Plus that, if you ever have anything else to sell at a later date, someone may not want to do business with you.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:10 PM
HK770
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by russ472
sounds like you quoted him a shipping cost going through FedEx or UPS, then went on the cheap expecting to pocket the difference.
I know I would be pissed if someone said it would cost X to ship, then find out it was HUNDREDS of dollars cheaper to ship.

You even offered to pay back $150 and he accepted. Just suck it up. you still keep 150 as well.

Plus that, if you ever have anything else to sell at a later date, someone may not want to do business with you.

I agree with russ472 ......... I like to pay for what i get and get what i pay for. Deal goes down as planed or I can travel. ..Just pure fact

Get notified of new replies

To Despute over shipping charges

Quick Reply: Despute over shipping charges