C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension issues after clutch install.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 10:45 PM
TTGTO600HP
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finished my clutch install last weekend and after dropping much of the suspension I assumed I would need an alignment. I took it to Firestone and they made adjustments and all was supposed to be good. Unfortunately im still having rear end sway issues on the highway above 60. I rechecked my tq specs on sway bar and its good.

Any ideas what else could be causing this? Did maybe Firestone not tighten soemthing?

Last edited by TTGTO600HP; 11-23-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:46 AM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by TTGTO600HP
I finished my clutch install last weekend and after dropping much of the suspension I assumed I would need an alignment. I took it to Firestone and they made adjustments and all was supposed to be good. Unfortunately im still having rear end sway issues on the highway above 60. I rechecked my tq specs on sway bar and its good.

Any ideas what else could be causing this? Did maybe Firestone not tighten soemthing?
I wouldn't trust a chain automotive place like Firestone to work on the Vette. I'd suggest that you take it to a real frame shop where they do nothing but make sure cars are straight and have them put it on their equipment. And please drive it there slowly.
Good luck!
Old 11-24-2014, 03:37 AM
TTGTO600HP
Racer

Originally Posted by meanjoe

I wouldn't trust a chain automotive place like Firestone to work on the Vette. I'd suggest that you take it to a real frame shop where they do nothing but make sure cars are straight and have them put it on their equipment. And please drive it there slowly.
Good luck!

Name:  ForumRunner_20141124_033218.png
Views: 110
Size:  560.2 KB

Printout shows the results after the alignment. My car goes away for the winter Tomorrow so taking it to the dealer is not an option till next year.

Any ideas anyone? If its swaying it has to be toe or camber issues right? Could it be anything else.

Please help I need peace of mind for the winter!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:35 AM
TTGTO600HP
Racer

Well turns out my outer tie rod end was finger tight. Wtf
Old 11-25-2014, 01:10 PM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by TTGTO600HP
Well turns out my outer tie rod end was finger tight. Wtf
See
I told ya to drive it slow.
Glad you found the problem.

Get notified of new replies

To suspension issues after clutch install.

Quick Reply: suspension issues after clutch install.