C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Houston Tire Installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:59 AM
ZLC
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston Tire Installation

Its finally time that I have to break down and buy new tires from my 2012. I actually made it to 18,000 miles. I have heard stories of 'big chain tire stores' damaging wheels. Are there suggestions where to go in Houston?

Also, I have seen the black paint pealed off of a Centennial Edition wheel when the tape weight was removed. Are there any suggestions how to remove the tape weights before taking it to a dealer? I'm thinking of taking all 4 wheels off and taking to the tire installer. (Yes, I'm **** who touches the car).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old 12-09-2014, 04:07 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I've heard/read good things about Discount Tire, but "Gering" (Pete) may know of some other places. I might also do a search in regional section which includes Texas.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,006 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Sam's club has smoking prices on Super Sports installed with road hazard warranty.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Chasewhatmatters
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZLC
Its finally time that I have to break down and buy new tires from my 2012. I actually made it to 18,000 miles. I have heard stories of 'big chain tire stores' damaging wheels. Are there suggestions where to go in Houston?

Also, I have seen the black paint pealed off of a Centennial Edition wheel when the tape weight was removed. Are there any suggestions how to remove the tape weights before taking it to a dealer? I'm thinking of taking all 4 wheels off and taking to the tire installer. (Yes, I'm **** who touches the car).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Not sure which side of town you stay on but I ONLY take my car and it's RTS Welds to "Tires By Design". Best Customer service, vey fair priced, and they are able to remove your tires without touching your rims. They also clean your rims and tire shine your rubbers before they hand the keys back over to you!

11700 Space Center Blvd
Houston, TX 77059
(281) 487-2028
Old 12-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Kad2112
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dano523
Sam's club has smoking prices on Super Sports installed with road hazard warranty.

After I saw this, I have been wondering about Sams.
http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...7/24/12291758/
Old 12-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,006 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Kad2112
After I saw this, I have been wondering about Sams.
http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...7/24/12291758/
Considering that Goodyear dropped my Bronco off a lift once, and it had to spend days in the repair shop getting it repaired on Goodyear's dime, not out of the question for any shop to damage a car.

To add here, understand that someone's arm was caught under the car/in the lift, so it was the act of the other employees lifting the car to frees the mans arm that caused the questionable damage. I say questionable, since until the repair shop gets the paint off the car to look for older repairs that may not have been correctly, it's still up in the air to the extent of damage to the car by lifting it by the fender to free the mans arm.

The positive that I can say for Sam's, Goodyear, or other larger chain type shops, if they damage a car, then will stand behind fixing it. Have such happen with a small independent shop (read even damaging just a rim) and some times is a loosing battle to get them to correct the problem.

Last edited by Dano523; 12-16-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:29 PM
acheman8
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

If you are on the north side, look into Franks Vettes in Spring. Louetta Road about 2 miles west of I-45. Only place I take my car for non-warranty work...
Old 12-17-2014, 10:50 PM
TX-Techman
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 3 Posts

Discount Tire is my tire store. Great service and they will price match even online store. In addition they have always stood behind their work. Only issues I have had was they misplaced the wheel lock key on two different cars and they took care of the issue and replaced the wheel locks at no cost.

And you cant beat the free replacement certificates option they offer. It is about $50 per tire on the C6 but if they can't fix the tire your get a new one free and they have locations most everywhere which is a key factor to me.

Get notified of new replies

To Houston Tire Installation

Quick Reply: Houston Tire Installation