C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt on for my 11 GS

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 04:33 AM
HoustonGSXR
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt on for my 11 GS

First off, Hello to everyone. I'm new to the forum and this is my first thread.
I have a 2011 GS and its my first owned Vette. 436hp is plenty but if I can squeeze a few more out of it, why not! So the following list is what I'm planning on adding to the car. Just want to see what's your thoughts about it and it's performance.
HALLTECH 107MM COLD AIR INTAKE $500.00
NICK WILLIAMS 102MM THROTTLE BODY $570.00
FAST 102 INTAKE MANIFOLD $1000.00
MARTIN SMALLWOOD CAM KIT W 229/242 AND 615/598 LIFT ON A 112+4 DURATION $1000
LIGENFELTER 160 DEGREE THERMOSTAT
KOOKS 1 7/8 STAINLESS HEADERS (1400 BUCKS)
OFFROAD 1 7/8 X-PIPE $400
WILL KEEP STOCK NPP DUAL NOTE EXHAUST
Old 12-15-2014, 04:40 AM
C6David
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

I think id take that $1500 from the fast manifold and throttle body and put it into some ported ls3 heads.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:14 AM
z288uup
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

I would do the heads to.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:31 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by C6David
I think id take that $1500 from the fast manifold and throttle body and put it into some ported ls3 heads.

Also, based on my experience, you won't see much from the Halltech unless you cut the bottom of the shroud. Even then the damn filter is so bulky that it rests up against the shroud, which blocks that rear side of the filter. IMV, that system would work better if it used a filter that fit better into the space available, rather than employing the "worlds biggest air filter for the C6" approach. If I had to do it over again, I would just have used a Z06 air filter assembly (or just cut the goofy looking "muffler" off the side of the stock one and block the hole) and then use the Halltech "Beehive" cover (trimmed to fit the stock intake) and a Vette Air scoop.

That cam is going to be a bit lumpy. I'm assuming that you have an M6? If not, you're going to have to add a high stall converter to the list, IMV. I personally would go with a cam that someone else has used already that works well, that way you can get feedback on how it drives, how easy it is to tune, etc.

It's a matter of personal preference, but didn't go with the ORY on my Vette because I can't stand the stinky smell of unburnt gas which my cammed 6.2 Sierra produces. The cats that come on these systems flow really well and there's really no significant difference in power output between running and deleting them. You're gonna love how your car sounds when the NPP kicks open after the headers.

BTW: Welcome to Corvette forum. You will get some good advice on here from guys that are far more knowledgeable than me.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:01 AM
M M Alexander
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

For the same $5K you've budgted for ... You could buy a blower kit and be over 550 to the wheels with a weekends worth of work.
Now if you are just adverse to forced air ... Get you heads ported or. Get some from PRC or someone similar, have your stock intake manifold ported, slide in a bumpy cam along with some long tubes and you could be near 500 to the wheels.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:55 AM
HoustonGSXR
Cruising

Originally Posted by CI GS

Also, based on my experience, you won't see much from the Halltech unless you cut the bottom of the shroud. Even then the damn filter is so bulky that it rests up against the shroud, which blocks that rear side of the filter. IMV, that system would work better if it used a filter that fit better into the space available, rather than employing the "worlds biggest air filter for the C6" approach. If I had to do it over again, I would just have used a Z06 air filter assembly (or just cut the goofy looking "muffler" off the side of the stock one and block the hole) and then use the Halltech "Beehive" cover (trimmed to fit the stock intake) and a Vette Air scoop.

That cam is going to be a bit lumpy. I'm assuming that you have an M6? If not, you're going to have to add a high stall converter to the list, IMV. I personally would go with a cam that someone else has used already that works well, that way you can get feedback on how it drives, how easy it is to tune, etc.

It's a matter of personal preference, but didn't go with the ORY on my Vette because I can't stand the stinky smell of unburnt gas which my cammed 6.2 Sierra produces. The cats that come on these systems flow really well and there's really no significant difference in power output between running and deleting them. You're gonna love how your car sounds when the NPP kicks open after the headers.

BTW: Welcome to Corvette forum. You will get some good advice on here from guys that are far more knowledgeable than me.
Yea an M6
Old 12-16-2014, 03:05 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,175 Posts

Start with to tune to unleash all the power you have already to the wheels/ground, Hence un-cripple the TM that is holding a great deal of power back now.

If you still think that you are not burning the tires up fast enough/getting the car side ways enough , then you can add more HP.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:46 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by HoustonGSXR
Yea an M6
I forgot to add that you should consider some drag radials like the Nitto NT05R, because if you're still running the stick run flats, you're going to need some extra traction to harness the extra power:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nit-207520
Old 12-17-2014, 12:09 AM
HoustonGSXR
Cruising

Originally Posted by CI GS
I forgot to add that you should consider some drag radials like the Nitto NT05R, because if you're still running the stick run flats, you're going to need some extra traction to harness the extra power:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nit-207520
Thankay bud. Already have Nittos on it .
Old 12-17-2014, 09:26 AM
mikecronis
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the same setup (M6 GS NPP). Wondering what ported-heads would do, pros & cons and cost?
Old 12-17-2014, 01:16 PM
C6David
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Ported heads can be had for as cheap as $900 with core exchange. Figure 20-30whp bump across the rpm range.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:08 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,194 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by M M Alexander
For the same $5K you've budgted for ... You could buy a blower kit and be over 550 to the wheels with a weekends worth of work.

Get notified of new replies

To Bolt on for my 11 GS

Quick Reply: Bolt on for my 11 GS