C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Icon stays on?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 05:06 PM
donwil
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Engine Icon stays on?

whats up fellas- I hooked up the eyelet adapter on my new CTEK 3300 but did not plug them in to the charger. Started the car and no lights came on (its set in auto mode) and engine icon stays on. So I took the eyelets back off and bingo all the lights came on like they should. However the engine light is still on and why would just attatching the eyelet connector to the battery cause the lights not to function. I have no idea what the h is going on. Is the CTEK causing the problem? I didn't even use it. I have a 2005. Now I don't know if I should even use it. Ill use the clips if I do. Is there a way to clear the engine light? Help if you can.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:35 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by donwil
whats up fellas- I hooked up the eyelet adapter on my new CTEK 3300 but did not plug them in to the charger. Started the car and no lights came on (its set in auto mode) and engine icon stays on. So I took the eyelets back off and bingo all the lights came on like they should. However the engine light is still on and why would just attatching the eyelet connector to the battery cause the lights not to function. I have no idea what the h is going on. Is the CTEK causing the problem? I didn't even use it. I have a 2005. Now I don't know if I should even use it. Ill use the clips if I do. Is there a way to clear the engine light? Help if you can.
I did eyelets with my Ctek and all is fine.

I didn't loosen the nuts on the battery terminals to connect it. I double nutted the terminals with a washer above and works like a champ. This is on a 13 GS. Don't know if your terminals are the same.

To reset the Engine Light (MIL) you can use a scanner or go through several drive cycles. If there isn't any existing problem, light should go away.

Good luck!
Old 12-16-2014, 04:51 PM
donwil
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k Cobra
I did eyelets with my Ctek and all is fine.

I didn't loosen the nuts on the battery terminals to connect it. I double nutted the terminals with a washer above and works like a champ. This is on a 13 GS. Don't know if your terminals are the same.

To reset the Engine Light (MIL) you can use a scanner or go through several drive cycles. If there isn't any existing problem, light should go away.

Good luck!
That was exactly how I did mine except I didn't use a washer between the two nuts. Didn't loosen anything though. Took it in to the dealer today for a headlight recall and told them about what happened
.Hope they can fix and explain to me what happened. Thx for your input. Don
Old 12-16-2014, 05:06 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by donwil
That was exactly how I did mine except I didn't use a washer between the two nuts. Didn't loosen anything though. Took it in to the dealer today for a headlight recall and told them about what happened
.Hope they can fix and explain to me what happened. Thx for your input. Don
Sorry, I am confused. Is it fixed? and if so what was the issue.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Engine Icon stays on?

Quick Reply: Engine Icon stays on?