C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock exhaust locations

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 01:47 PM
ShaWING66
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stock exhaust locations

Little bit of back story... my hi-flo cats went bad so i sent the x-pipe back to Billy Boat to replace them (its a BB long tube header and x-pipe). Went back to install the xpipe after BB cut in new pipes and it did not line up! It appears the xpipe is about .5" too narrow. Does anyone know the distance from center to center of the factory locations?
I measured 3" from inner edge to inner edge and a tad over 7.5" outer edge to outer edge (this was with the donut gaskets installed, see pic).
I am sending the xpipe back to BB but was wondering for some backup info... thanks!

Last edited by ShaWING66; 12-28-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:34 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You have BB headers and BB hiflo cats, what possible use could you have for OEM pipe placemant?

BB uses it's own pipe end locations, lengths, diameters and type of connection. The only place they have to match OEM is where the overaxle pipe meets the end of the mid pipe.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:49 AM
ShaWING66
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if my post was poorly worded. I am not installing any oem parts only trying to re-install the xpipe. BB uses stock locations which quite a few manufacturers do... it allows for people to install the xpipe without long tube headers. Why anyone would do that... i dont know. Also, yes I am sure. I have had many conversations with the guys at BB.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:42 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Are you saying the flanges on the xpipe don't line up with the collector flanges? If so, why can't you just tell BB The measurements you took as shown in the photo?

Get notified of new replies

To Stock exhaust locations

Quick Reply: Stock exhaust locations