C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's side door panel question, easy answer!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:32 AM
jcalvin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver's side door panel question, easy answer!

Hello, fellow Corvette enthusiasts. I have a 2006 3LT. At some point, my left door panel broke on the inside from too much weight against it. This caused the amount of creaking to increase, so I took the panel off and added some insulation throughout the panel. I got an aftermarket stereo put in, and they broke the door panel access pull plug. Well, that's what I think it's called. Behind that plug is where the two bolts go in to hold the panel. The stereo shop lost the left bolt, and the clip that bolt screws into. Because of this, my door pins got stripped out after months. I ordered a new door panel, and have new pins to install. However, I have no idea how to find the door panel access pull plug. I don't know if I have the right name for it. When I search for it, all I get are C5 plugs, as they fell out all of the time. Are the c5 and the c6 door panel pull plugs compatible? I found one online, but it was 25 dollars for one, which I can't believe. Does anyone know the proper name for them? And by chance, does anyone know what the part number is for the retainer clip that takes the bolts that secure the door panel to the door? I've been looking for hours and can't seem to find anything. I appreciate you guys immensely, and thank you very much for your help!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:25 PM
jcalvin
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump
Old 01-07-2015, 06:12 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Ask Gene

http://www.cultragfactoryparts.com/
Old 01-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,007 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Push pins and grommits if you need them, and if you check the site, should have the screw grommets for the screws as well.

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Sea...=12&Search.y=8

Get notified of new replies

To Driver's side door panel question, easy answer!

Quick Reply: Driver's side door panel question, easy answer!