C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z06 Steering wheel fit 2013 Z06 ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:30 PM
zcobra1
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 52 Posts

Default C7 Z06 Steering wheel fit 2013 Z06 ?

I was looking for a stock 2013 steering wheel as I just bought a 2013 Z with a race wheel installed, seeing the threads on people retrofitting the new D bottom C7 Z06 wheel onto regular C7's got me thinking I should
look into fitting one on a 2013 Z.
Anyone know ?
Old 02-04-2015, 07:24 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Don't know, but I bought a D shaped wheel from Down South Vettes.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by timd38
Don't know, but I bought a D shaped wheel from Down South Vettes.
I have one of those, too. And I love it. Unfortunately, Down South Vettes seems to be another company relegated to the history books. The web site is just a collection of stubs that return either "internal service error" or the "get Flash Player" button. Been that way for quite a while now. Kind of a bummer as they did decent work for fair prices and they'd do custom stuff for you if you wanted/needed (like matching the steering wheel spoke color to the rest of the dash on my car.)

As for the C7 wheel going on the C6, I wouldn't be that surprised if it worked BUT the wheel is only one of several issues that would have to be addressed. You'd need the C7 air bag as well. Does THAT match up with the electronics and "expectations" of the C6? That's kind of a big issue. And what about all the buttons on the spokes? Do they all have things to do on the C6? (I haven't paid much attention to these details re: the C7 so I'm just posing questions off the top of my head )

Z//
Old 02-06-2015, 01:19 AM
grady
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
I have one of those, too. And I love it. Unfortunately, Down South Vettes seems to be another company relegated to the history books. The web site is just a collection of stubs that return either "internal service error" or the "get Flash Player" button. Been that way for quite a while now. Kind of a bummer as they did decent work for fair prices and they'd do custom stuff for you if you wanted/needed (like matching the steering wheel spoke color to the rest of the dash on my car.)

As for the C7 wheel going on the C6, I wouldn't be that surprised if it worked BUT the wheel is only one of several issues that would have to be addressed. You'd need the C7 air bag as well. Does THAT match up with the electronics and "expectations" of the C6? That's kind of a big issue. And what about all the buttons on the spokes? Do they all have things to do on the C6? (I haven't paid much attention to these details re: the C7 so I'm just posing questions off the top of my head )

Z//
DSV is now Vette Candy and a forum sponsor. www.vettecandy.com

Sergio will take care of you. I recently made a purchase and will be buying more...
Old 02-06-2015, 01:34 AM
zcobra1
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks for the leads, will check into Vettecandy. Same here, DSV seems defunct now....

I need a airbag, so getting a C7 or C6 bag either way. Ya long shot on the C7
unit bolting up, but a good solution as I have only a race wheel now.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 Steering wheel fit 2013 Z06 ?

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 Steering wheel fit 2013 Z06 ?