C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mobil one weight

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Silver c6 z-51
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Mobil one weight

Changing my valve tran over to full roller rockers and I was informed that 10w-30 would be a better weight oil over the recommended 5w-30. Has any one heard or done this?
Old 02-05-2015, 12:45 AM
meanjoe
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver c6 z-51
Changing my valve tran over to full roller rockers and I was informed that 10w-30 would be a better weight oil over the recommended 5w-30. Has any one heard or done this?
There seems to be as many opinion's on oil as there are type's of oil. There are also 4 or 5 Million threads on this already on here. Do a search and then you'll be more confused than you are now. Wish I could have been more helpful.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:37 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver c6 z-51
Who informed you of this? If it was your tuner/engine builder, take his advice. Hopefully he's basing it on past builds and what he's seen come in and out of his shop.

If it was just "some guy" then stick with your current oil.

Either way, I don't think 5w or 10w are going to show any substantial difference and neither should do any harm to your engine, built or not.

Get notified of new replies

To Mobil one weight

Quick Reply: Mobil one weight