C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 12:36 PM
bordovskyj
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saplumr
Corsa Xtreme, headers with the offroad is more than likely something you won't be pleased with unless you like ear banging noise.
I mean with extremes on now It really doesn't seem loud. Granted all the exhaust is all goin out the back. And I've heard with corsa and headers it sounds fine until you step in it then it gets ear banging loud lol. I just don't know what way to go at all lol
Old 02-25-2015, 02:28 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by bordovskyj
I mean with extremes on now It really doesn't seem loud. Granted all the exhaust is all goin out the back. And I've heard with corsa and headers it sounds fine until you step in it then it gets ear banging loud lol. I just don't know what way to go at all lol
I'll give my experience. Bought the car new and added Corsa Sport, sounded great. Three months later blower, headers offroad and other mods. They returned the car in a trailer at 1am and when I it fired up I thought everyone in the neighborhood was going to hate me, sounded like a totally different car. Loved the sound but hated the odor. A few years later I switched to high flow mid section but lost all my sound. Replaced Sport with Xtreme to gain my sound back. Got most of it back but not all. The drone range for me is 15-1700 range.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:48 PM
bordovskyj
Instructor

I'll give my experience. Bought the car new and added Corsa Sport, sounded great. Three months later blower, headers offroad and other mods. They returned the car in a trailer at 1am and when I it fired up I thought everyone in the neighborhood was going to hate me, sounded like a totally different car. Loved the sound but hated the odor. A few years later I switched to high flow mid section but lost all my sound. Replaced Sport with Xtreme to gain my sound back. Got most of it back but not all. The drone range for me is 15-1700 range.
Thanks for that feedback. Have any of you heard of a company called DTS. Have a buddy that has a new set of their headers for my Vette brand new that he is trying to sell me for 800 bucks with cats. Interested if they are worth that risk or I should just pass on them. I know almost all headers make about the same power for the most part.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:33 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

http://www.google.com/search?q=dts+h...iw=360&bih=615
google is your friend
Old 02-25-2015, 05:15 PM
bordovskyj
Instructor

Originally Posted by tennblkc6
Well I've never heard of DTS and can't really find much so sending pictures wasn't much help. I just wanna know if they were knock offs or a reputable brand
Old 02-25-2015, 05:17 PM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess you would have to learn from experience. With the right combination that statement is no even close to correct.
My Corsa with headers and no cats had NO drone. Even after adding the cam I had NO drone. So yes, I am speaking from experience.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:19 PM
bordovskyj
Instructor

Originally Posted by dev1360
My Corsa with headers and no cats had NO drone. Even after adding the cam I had NO drone. So yes, I am speaking from experience.
Well that's good news! just gotta find out about these headers as to weather I should pull the trigger on them.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:29 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

My experience says much different. Blanket statements are what people get confused about. I'll stand by my original statement...with the right setup Corsa can have drone and it's no joke. Not only on my car my wifes Yukon Denali with Sport was horrible and the worst part I pulled a trailer with it. That didn't last long either.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lebvette
I have Melrose headers. Looks good...fits good. Coated inside and out....they come that way.
still looking like brand new on my C6 Z06 after 8 years.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Entaille
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Headers will not induce drone with Corsa.

And value for the money? OBX for sure. $769 shipped. Fit perfect and made all the power of the bigger brands.
I'd hope so, aren't they just a complete replica of kooks designs?
Old 02-25-2015, 08:16 PM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by bordovskyj
Well I've never heard of DTS and can't really find much so sending pictures wasn't much help. I just wanna know if they were knock offs or a reputable brand
really? I thought by seeing all the pics of all the other makes and models they make headers for but no corvettes would tell you something. that plus not a single post or review about running a set on a corvette.
good luck! and oh..you welcome.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:43 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

I have a cam,headers,intake & Borla stringers....No Drone...
Old 02-25-2015, 09:21 PM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Entaille

I'd hope so, aren't they just a complete replica of kooks designs?
I'm sure that they're a rip off of someone's design, but not Kooks. The primaries and collectors are much further back than Kooks are.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:31 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Obx
Old 02-26-2015, 03:27 AM
ignatkor
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zrvlorider
I am going to install long tube headers and hi-flow cats. Anyone have input as to which brand offers best value for the dollar. I have looked at ARH , SLP & Borla. I will also install a cold air intake and a programmer. Any input would be helpful. New to the forum but I think prior experience with products is the best!
I just had OBX 1 7/8 primaries installed with intake and a "real dyno tune" and made 441/444 STD. Great fit, 650 bucks, sounds amazing too. This is my second vette with OBX and no regreats. I had ARH on my 06 coupe and couldn't tell any difference besides DOUBLE PRICE. My only advice if you go with OBX (or or any other headers for that matter) go with cats! Also, I would not put a CANNED tune on my car.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Blue Thunder
Safety Car

Cruise-In I Veteran
National Champs Gators 4 St. Jude '09

Originally Posted by nightster
I'll probably get bashed for this, but my texas speed headers will be here hopefully second week of march. $868 for headers, catless 3"xpipe, and o2 extensions.
Let me know how these are. I have TexasSpeed on my C5 and love the sound.

Will be stepping up to a C6 Z06 in 10 days and will probably get TexasSpeed again.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:26 PM
nightster
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder
Let me know how these are. I have TexasSpeed on my C5 and love the sound.

Will be stepping up to a C6 Z06 in 10 days and will probably get TexasSpeed again.
I actually got a refund, they told me the beginning march and when i called and asked they told me it would be april. I'd rather use that money towards a supercharger right now.

Get notified of new replies

To Which Headers

Old 02-28-2015, 07:27 PM
dev1360
Burning Brakes

IIRC texas speed headers were mild steel when I looked at them.

OBX were $100 cheaper and stainless.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:28 PM
blackbase
7th Gear

Originally Posted by trawler
Had LG headers with hi-flow cats installed last month coupled to Borla Touring, but didn't like sound, so having Billy Boat PRT's put on this week. Really like the look and quality in the headers, compared them to a set of headers I had purchased from a place in Texas. Just not the same quality in the welds and polish. Glad I changed my mind.
I am getting this exact setup installed later this month. what was it exactly that you didn't like about it? It seems like an uncommon pairing.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:33 PM
nightster
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IIRC texas speed headers were mild steel when I looked at them.

OBX were $100 cheaper and stainless.
Tsp headers are 304 stainless steel

Quick Reply: Which Headers