C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need 2005 C6 Driver Seat Memory Module wiring diagram

Old 03-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Porxter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Need 2005 C6 Driver Seat Memory Module wiring diagram

I just bought a 2005 with 1SB option which includes full power driver & pass seats and Driver memory.

I knew the driver's seat wasn't working when I bought it. After getting it home, I was able to see under the seat that both the Red and Black wires going to the center of the memory module are broken right at the back of the connector.

I haven't taken the seat loose yet for a good view, but I managed to get a few pics with my cell phone and it looks like they both were in a single 2-wire connector at the center of the module, with two larger connectors on each side.

I found the part number of a replacement connector on another seat thread on the forum, but I would like to verify which side of the connector is for the Red wire and which is the Black. I know it looks obvious from where they are now positioned, but I want to verify that.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Porxter
Instructor

Or maybe someone with an 05-08 C6 that has the power seats & memory option can take a peek under their driver's seat and tell me if the red power wire is on the drivers side or passenger side?

It's mounted up high under the seat, so you have to pull up on the front of the seat cushion and use a flashlight to look between the cushion and seat frame to see it.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-01-2015, 04:58 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Porxter
Or maybe someone with an 05-08 C6 that has the power seats & memory option can take a peek under their driver's seat and tell me if the red power wire is on the drivers side or passenger side?

It's mounted up high under the seat, so you have to pull up on the front of the seat cushion and use a flashlight to look between the cushion and seat frame to see it.

Thanks,
Steve
What is your email? I will email you the diagram after I have lunch.
The following users liked this post:
Porxter (08-10-2018)
Old 03-01-2015, 05:06 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Mine was broken in the same place on my 05. This image helped me when I was trying to figure out the same thing.

The schematics for the memory seats are at the bottom of this page as well:

http://www.kawal.net/power%20seats.htm

Last edited by sevinn; 03-01-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Porxter
Instructor

Originally Posted by timd38
What is your email? I will email you the diagram after I have lunch.
skwatts@thegrid.net

Thanks
Old 03-01-2015, 05:25 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Porxter
Sent!
Porxter (08-10-2018)
Old 03-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Porxter
Instructor

Originally Posted by timd38
Sent!
Thanks Tim, that is exactly what I needed!

Steve
Old 03-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Porxter
Instructor

Well, I successfully repaired the Driver's seat last weekend thanks to help from the forum.

As previously described, the driver's seat memory module's main power and ground wires were broken. They broke right at the back of the connector where the wires were crimped to their terminals.

It turns out that I didn't need a wiring schematic after all - when I got the old connector out, I could see which side was red and which was black from the insulation that was left in the crimps.

Thanks to a previous forum post, I was able to order a replacement pigtail connector in advance of attempting the repair.

I did not remove the seat completely. I unbolted the seat, lifted it off of the 4 studs, pulled the base of the seat toward the outside of the car and then tilted the top of the seat toward the passenger side, exposing the bottom of the seat. I spliced the new pigtail to the old wires, ensuring that the "A" terminal was spliced into the positive wire.

Plugged the new connector in and everything works like new (seat and telescoping steering wheel). Since it is the original memory module, no activation was required via a Tech II like would have been required if I had replaced the module with another one.

Steve

Last edited by Porxter; 07-18-2015 at 06:58 PM.
DSOMZ51 (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 11:41 PM
DSOMZ51
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I know this is an older thread, but it helped me solve my driver's side seat issue. The problem was the broken ground wire just like shown in the picture. I ordered the pigtail today and looking forward to having a properly working seat again. This is why I love Corvetteforum!
Porxter (08-10-2018)
Old 11-16-2016, 10:08 PM
mikebar4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like the wires under the seat aren't very reliable....
Old 05-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Porxter
Instructor

Originally Posted by DSOMZ51
I know this is an older thread, but it helped me solve my driver's side seat issue. The problem was the broken ground wire just like shown in the picture. I ordered the pigtail today and looking forward to having a properly working seat again. This is why I love Corvetteforum!
That's great, glad I could help and I hope you got it fixed!

Get notified of new replies

To Need 2005 C6 Driver Seat Memory Module wiring diagram

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need 2005 C6 Driver Seat Memory Module wiring diagram