C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billet Alternators with new pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Just PM'd you with some questions.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Looking to buy a black one.....I just PM'd you but I have another question, I notice in your pics a black alternator bracket.....I am guessing this does not come with the alternator. How much for one??
Also any pics of the engine bay with the OEM bracket on....looks real slick with the black bracket but I would like to see how it looks with the OEM bracket.

THANKS
Old 04-02-2015, 09:56 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by EnginerdVT
Is there a polished bracket or billet bracket that can be purchases with the alternators? I have been looking with not much luck. I have considered buying a stock bracket online and having it polished so I can do a direct swap. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
I'm sorry I missed this question. The factory bracket looks nice polished. I'm not aware of any aftermarket billet brackets being offered. I don't stock or polish factory brackets. I polished my own, which is the one with the chrome alternator and blue fuel rails but it's not a service that I offer. It's messy and time consuming. I don't have anybody in mind, but most major metropolitan areas seem to have metal plating and polishing companies.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Cor430vette
Looking to buy a black one.....I just PM'd you but I have another question, I notice in your pics a black alternator bracket.....I am guessing this does not come with the alternator. How much for one??
Also any pics of the engine bay with the OEM bracket on....looks real slick with the black bracket but I would like to see how it looks with the OEM bracket.

THANKS
That's correct. I'm only offering the alternators. Every one of these pictures has an OEM bracket that is either chromed, polished, powder coated or painted. Black powercoating is not very expensive if you remove the bracket. If you need less down time, I recommend buying a factory bracket for roughly 75-85.00 and having it coated so you can do the swap more quickly. These brackets look much nicer when they take the time to clean up all the casting flaws. Make sure you ask for it if you want it clean because not all shops will take the time to do it. Most I've seen will just sand blast it and coat it.

A reminder my fellow members, regardless of what alternator you have on your vehicle: The alternator's chassis is absolute ground in a vehicle, not the battery negative. Any painted or coated bracket must have the mounting bosses, bushings, bushing bores and contact areas free of any coating whatsoever. They need to be clean metal to promote a low resistance ground and high electrical conductivity.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:36 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Just sent you Paypal for a black one!!
THANKS for answering all my questions too!
Old 04-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

WOW!
Already got it, really fast shipping!!, excellent packaging, beautiful alternator ( pictures do not do em justice!) plus very helpful answered all my questions in a very timely manner.

If your thinking about buying it dont wait!~

THANKS A MILLION!
Old 04-08-2015, 03:59 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

WOW!
Already got it, really fast shipping!!, excellent packaging, beautiful alternator ( pictures do not do em justice!) plus very helpful answered all my questions in a very timely manner.

THANKS A MILLION!
I am not contemplating a new alternator myself right now, but it's always nice - and very kind of you - to see positive feed back. This is where the forum is for also.
Your comment will certainly help to keep an eye on this vendor in case I need a new alternator in the future!

Old 04-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Supporting Vendor

WOW!

THANKS A MILLION!
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!
It was my pleasure to serve you.

Originally Posted by Z06Ronald
I am not contemplating a new alternator myself right now, but it's always nice - and very kind of you - to see positive feed back. This is where the forum is for also.
Your comment will certainly help to keep an eye on this vendor in case I need a new alternator in the future!

Let me know if I can help in the future.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Supporting Vendor

Still have a few polished and black available, with no waiting.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by red9r
You could request an email from a military email account but don't feel pressured. I'm sure the markup is already pretty low and they seem to be a great deal already. I just wanted to ask the question and offering all CF members the same pricing is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Originally Posted by newvetteguy9
could def ask for an email from the .mil account to verify.
Red9R, you're right. Not a lot of markup, but I'm certainly interested in honoring our country's service members. For a limited time, on a trial basis here, I'm willing to offer an additional 3% off. I hope it's not too insulting, but it's what I'm able to do.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:33 PM
jacked cobra
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

My c6z is superchargered, meth injected, external fuel pump, and small shot nos. I see 11-12 volts all the time. Which model do u recommend for me?
Old 05-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by jacked cobra
My c6z is superchargered, meth injected, external fuel pump, and small shot nos. I see 11-12 volts all the time. Which model do u recommend for me?
Sounds fast!

The 170 amp will be plenty for that .
Old 05-28-2015, 04:09 PM
jacked cobra
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a direct drive. Why do u need to change the drive belt?
Old 05-28-2015, 05:17 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Chrome

You mentioned chrome but I didn't see pics of it. Polished looks nice Do you have chrome pics?

Also, who needs the 240 amp version? Under what circumstance do you need that much power?
Old 05-29-2015, 11:41 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by jacked cobra
I have a direct drive. Why do u need to change the drive belt?
The alternator pulley is smaller and it is sometimes needed when you have a drive. The direct drive is the least likely to need a belt change between the 3 drives due to its geometry on the tensioner. I would rather tell you to anticipate it than have you surprised about the added expense in the end.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by starchedup
You mentioned chrome but I didn't see pics of it. Polished looks nice Do you have chrome pics?

Also, who needs the 240 amp version? Under what circumstance do you need that much power?
These pics show the chrome version on my car.

I don't have any bench-top photos of one. They're special order. The finish on them is spectacular.

Maybe if you had added fans for transmission and oil coolers and a couple of scavenge pumps or a big stereo system you would want to consider a 240 amp unit, otherwise it's not something I recommend. Unless you're overcoming the 170 amp model, you'll never realize or appreciate the difference.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:46 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
These pics show the chrome version on my car.

I don't have any bench-top photos of one. They're special order. The finish on them is spectacular.

Maybe if you had added fans for transmission and oil coolers and a couple of scavenge pumps or a big stereo system you would want to consider a 240 amp unit, otherwise it's not something I recommend. Unless you're overcoming the 170 amp model, you'll never realize or appreciate the difference.
Thanks bro. Looks amazing. I had my alternator bracket polished but you can't see it well enough so I covered it with a chrome cover. If I get the chrome alternator and I'll certainly ditch the cover and show it off

It would go with my chrome looking ceramic coated headers (dirty in this pic)

Get notified of new replies

To Billet Alternators with new pricing

Old 06-05-2015, 03:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by starchedup
Thanks bro. Looks amazing. I had my alternator bracket polished but you can't see it well enough so I covered it with a chrome cover. If I get the chrome alternator and I'll certainly ditch the cover and show it off

Thanks. Let me know when you're ready.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Supporting Vendor

Due to popular demand, I had a case of polished stainless Allen head bolts made. If you want to purchase them separately, they’re 25.00 shipped.
Until the end of the year, buy any Billet Tech alternator and not only do you get free shipping but for an additional 5.00, I’ll include a pair of the bolts with washers.
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2015, 07:44 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Great product! I have had mine a couple years and it has performed flawlessly!
The following 2 users liked this post by timd38:
berk4422 (12-20-2015), BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance (12-26-2015)

Quick Reply: Billet Alternators with new pricing