C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 08:22 AM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 277 Posts

Default Fuel line replacement

Anyone ever replace the main hard fuel line that runs along the torque tube tunnel up to the braided stainless line that connects to the rail?

Any info on the job? Service manual says take out the exhaust and tunnel plate, but it looks way too tight to get a preformed line up there. I also asked in the C6 Z section but no response.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:33 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Well for future searching....

Took the mufflers off the rear hangers and let them hang
Unbolted the X pipe from the headers but left it attached in the rear
Removed the Drivers side header (May be able to leave factory manifold in place)
Removed the tunnel plate

From there you can access all the clips that hold the pressure line in place. It is SUPER tight between the bellhousing and frame, but was able to snake the new line up and in place without damaging it. I purchased just the fuel feed line, not the part number that also had all the EVAP lines with it too. That looks a little harder to install with the multiple lines.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:15 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Did you install a bigger line or did the old one fail?
Old 03-23-2015, 04:29 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

My old line had a nasty bend / kink in it up near the firewall. I had bent it back to "straight", but it concerned me that the line strength was compromised.

As it turned out, I was right to be concerned. I belt the line once more in the same spot once removed and it broke completely open. It was replaced with stock size. Many of the aftermarket return systems I have seen rely on this line as the return, so I wanted it in good shape.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel line replacement

Quick Reply: Fuel line replacement