C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARH LT's & X-pipe question...

Old 04-01-2015, 08:47 PM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Default ARH LT's & X-pipe question...

Okay, so as the title says, I have a question about ARH Long tube headers & their catted X-pipe...
I have a 2013 MN6 Grand Sport. I ordered 1 7/8" LT's and the 3" Catted X-pipe for Zo6 Axle back exhaust. I ordered the Zo6 catted X-pipe because I will be getting a Zo6 axle back exhaust at some point soon for the full 3" system. The LT's & X-pipe are at Swain tech getting the White lightning Ceramic coating right now. My question is; Once I receive the headers & I'm figuring out which Zo6 axle back exhaust I want to get, how difficult would it be to run the ARH Zo6 catted X-pipe into the factory NPP exhaust? I'm wondering, if I can get away w/ not buying a Zo6 axle back right away. I would like to get the headers on the car ASAP but haven't figured out which axle back yet...I've been eye-balling the Titanium Akrapovic slip-on mufflers but don't have the funds rounded up yet. Thanks for any advice, feedback or Titanium Akrapovic $ donations.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:15 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Shouldn't be a problem.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Wakemaker89
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't be able to use the factory exhaust unless you have step downs made to go from the 3" x pipe to the 2.5" factory NPP exhaust. I don't know what they would cost but it definitely can be done.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 AM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the feed back. I just didn't want those awesome LT's sitting around while I'm collecting loose change trying to pull the trigger on some Zo6 mufflers. I will talk to my installer about it too.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

You can install the ARH 3" X pipe, but you will have to have your over axle NPP pipes swedged out to 3" where they slip fit together, or add a set of 3" to 2 1/2" reducers to your pipes. Almost any muffler shop can do this for you.

Another alternative is to add a set of Z06 bi mode mufflers/over axle pipe. Lots of them for sale on this forum.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:42 PM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vito.A
You can install the ARH 3" X pipe, but you will have to have your over axle NPP pipes swedged out to 3" where they slip fit together, or add a set of 3" to 2 1/2" reducers to your pipes. Almost any muffler shop can do this for you.

Another alternative is to add a set of Z06 bi mode mufflers/over axle pipe. Lots of them for sale on this forum.
Thanks, there is another option...(the one I'm going to pick) I think I will buy a set of Akrapovic Zo6 Slip on mufflers.

Get notified of new replies

To ARH LT's & X-pipe question...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ARH LT's & X-pipe question...