C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dual climate controls not working. heat/Ac

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 08:47 PM
kool1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual climate controls not working. heat/Ac

In my 09 c6 base corvette the heat nor the a/c does not come on when I push the control buttons. Any suggestions in how to resolve the problem.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:51 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

You probably need a new HVAC head unit in the dash.

You could try to find a mechanic who has a code reader capable of reading HVAC trouble codes, like the dealer's Tech 2. That may or may not be successful.

New head units from a dealer are around $450(ish). Forum vendor Cultrag Performance could probably save you $75+. Or you could shop ebay and such, members here have found units for as little as $150, usually used, so be careful.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:21 AM
kool1
Cruising

Thanks a lot. Is this something that usually goes out? The car only has 26000 miles on it. I took the car to a chevy dealership for a headlight recall and to fix a shift turbine speed sensor. Two days after it being out of the shop I noticed the heat or a/c controls wasn't working.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:36 AM
RICH 28
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

Check fuse box under the hood, especially since they did work on it for the headlight recall.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:31 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by kool1
Thanks a lot. Is this something that usually goes out? The car only has 26000 miles on it. I took the car to a chevy dealership for a headlight recall and to fix a shift turbine speed sensor. Two days after it being out of the shop I noticed the heat or a/c controls wasn't working.
It is a common failure......BUT......ugh, since you just had it at the dealer for the recall, they may have done something to cause your problem. I suggest you take it back and make them look at it for NO CHARGE.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:08 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

In my 09 c6 base corvette the heat nor the a/c does not come on when I push the control buttons. Any suggestions in how to resolve the problem.
Hello kool1,

We are sorry to that you were affected by the recall related to your headlights. However, we are relieved to know that the part has been repaired. If you need assistance contacting the dealership in regards to the A/C and the heat, feel free to send us a private message containing your VIN, current mileage, preferred dealership and full contact information. Thank you, we look forward to your message.

Kind Regards,

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-06-2015, 03:56 PM
kool1
Cruising

Yes I will check the fuse box but in between time I will make an appointment with the dealership that did the recall work. Do you know what fuse I should check? Thanks for the Help
Old 04-06-2015, 06:13 PM
RICH 28
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

Yes I will check the fuse box but in between time I will make an appointment with the dealership that did the recall work. Do you know what fuse I should check? Thanks for the Help
Under the lid of the fuse box there is a label showing the fuse locations. On my car the HVAC fuse is # 28. Top left corner if your standing next to the passenger fender. Maybe it is loose or not in the correct position or it is bad.

Last edited by RICH 28; 04-06-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:44 PM
kool1
Cruising

Checked the fuse it seemed to be alright but I changed it anyway.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by RicK T
You probably need a new HVAC head unit in the dash.

You could try to find a mechanic who has a code reader capable of reading HVAC trouble codes, like the dealer's Tech 2. That may or may not be successful.

New head units from a dealer are around $450(ish). Forum vendor Cultrag Performance could probably save you $75+. Or you could shop ebay and such, members here have found units for as little as $150, usually used, so be careful.
Thank you very kindly for the referral. We would certainly be happy to help out.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Get notified of new replies

To dual climate controls not working. heat/Ac

Quick Reply: dual climate controls not working. heat/Ac