C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anybody installed a aftermarket auto transmission oil pan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:47 AM
boonie c4
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Has anybody installed a aftermarket auto transmission oil pan?

Corvette Central has a cast aluminum deep seated automatic transmission oil pan that increases oil capacity by 3.0 quarts and lowers the transmission operating temps by %30 but it extends the depth of the pan by 3 inches my question: will this transmission oil pan scrape the ground because of it's increase depth? B+M also has their version of the deep transmission oil pan.
Dose anybody have this type of transmission oil pan on their Corvette?

Last edited by boonie c4; 04-09-2015 at 09:08 AM. Reason: WRONG INFO
Old 01-13-2016, 08:08 AM
71&64Vettes
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think some have misunderstood. I have a 6L80 transmission that I'm swapping on a muscle car. I need a pan that is less than 3.3".

I know that the Pontiac G8 pan is 2.1/4", and I want it, but can't find it around! I called the Pontiac dealer and they indicated that the pan is 5.2"!!!! I think the guy there got it off the net.

Does anyone know where I can get the 2.1/4" pan. I need the pan and the filter. I called most of the auto parts "O'Rilley" but they seem clueless about the actual depth of the pan!
Old 01-16-2016, 03:03 PM
C6David
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

If ground clearance is a issue LG pan says theres no ground clearance issues and increases fluid capacity by 4qts. I personally dont have one just ran across it in a previous thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Has anybody installed a aftermarket auto transmission oil pan?

Quick Reply: Has anybody installed a aftermarket auto transmission oil pan?